Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Blasphemous Stir Fry

I hope VI will still respect me in the morning.

This wasn't quite as lazy as the last pastrami was, but it sure wasn't the ancient and honorable way to do a wok cook. 

Beef and shrimp were marinated in off the shelf spicy marinades.  The veggies were all together.  I started with sort of fresh garlic (and discovered my fresh ginger was actually dessicated ginger, so no joy there), then added the beef, then the veggies, and lastly the shrimp.

Traditional or not, it tasted good, and was a nice change of pace.

Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

1 Wok.JPG 2.4M
2 Wok.JPG 2.5M
3 Wok.JPG 2.5M
4 Wok.JPG 2.6M
5 Wok.JPG 2.7M
6 Wok.JPG 2.4M
·

Comments

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    I hope VI will still respect me in the morning.

Evaluation question:
    Did it taste good?

Your answer:
    Traditional or not, it tasted good, and was a nice change of pace.

Your Grade:
    Excellent.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    That looks GREAT! nothing wrong with that, and with all the prep and thought you can't call it Lazy!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    Who cares what that Vespa Riding Idiot thinks? ;) Looks good from here @Doc_Eggerton. =D>

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    Griffin said:
    Who cares what that Vespa Riding Idiot thinks? ;)
    Probably as many who think you know how to cook.   ;)

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    Did you just troll me @Village_Idiot? :)) I've said it before. I don't know how to cook. I just steal pictures off the internet and claim they are mine. I couldn't cook a box of mac and cheese without ruining it. :D

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,820
    Well played... And I like lazy. Ever see a lazy person blow out an ACL? No. Enjoy...
    I have. They were reaching for the remote and they twisted their knee falling from the chair.

I was his nurse after the reconstruction surgery. He hated the Physical Therapist(see: lazy)
    ·
  • Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 563
    Anyone ever have a cookoff with VI?
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,714
    edited April 2013
    Looks mighty tasty from here. I would love a plate.

Eggcelsior said:
    Well played... And I like lazy. Ever see a lazy person blow out an ACL? No. Enjoy...
    I have. They were reaching for the remote and they twisted their knee falling from the chair.

I was his nurse after the reconstruction surgery. He hated the Physical Therapist(see: lazy)

=)) That's some funny sh!t right there. Tragic in a way, but still funny.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
    Doc Eggerton... Where did you get that wok holder setup? I was wondering how to use a wok on my new large BGE.
    ·
    HogHeaven said:
    Doc Eggerton... Where did you get that wok holder setup? I was wondering how to use a wok on my new large BGE.
    He's using a spider from the Ceramic Grill Store. He has it "legs up".  I prefer "legs down", but either way works.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,221
    Actually it is the Woo.  I have it set for the closest to the coals.  Other way around raises the wok about 6 inches.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
    Doc... Have you use your wok much on your BGE? I've tried to cook with my wok on my stove indoors and it just never gets hot enough. Most Chinese restaurants cook at 800 degrees. I would think our BGE's would have no problem getting that hot.
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,221
    HogHeaven said:
    Doc... Have you use your wok much on your BGE? I've tried to cook with my wok on my stove indoors and it just never gets hot enough. Most Chinese restaurants cook at 800 degrees. I would think our BGE's would have no problem getting that hot.

A lot of us use wok's on the BGEs.  Search for some of Village Idiot's cooks. 

On this cook the wok was just starting to glow at the bottom when I started.

Pasquali Luciano

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,308
    Not blasphemous ....just a nouvelle cook that looks pretty darn good
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·