Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Question - brisket

I need to pre-smoke something(brisket, pulled pork or chicken wings) for a guys weekend. I need to know what I can do and will be best served days after? I need some suggestions.
·

Comments

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,280
    pulled pork in my opinion reheats the best of the 3.  leave it whole toss it in the oven at 300 for a bit and bam just like it came off the egg.  all are great choices but wings and brisket are best the day of in my own little world.
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Pulled pork is great for cooking & pulling ahead of time. Vacuum sealed frozen pulled pork thawed & reheated in hot (not boiling as the bag can lose the seal) water can come out tasting as good as freshly cooked. The other two items are not as good reheated & served days after.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • cbr0011cbr0011 Posts: 85
    I don't have a vacuum sealer. Can I simple pull it and ziplock it, then microwave it to serve?
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    If its just a few days you can put it in ziplocks but I wouldn't microwave it.
    Put it in an aluminum tray with a little apple juice or apple cider vinegar and cover with aluminum foil and heat in the oven.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·