Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tequila, Mexican Cream, and Chipotle Shrimp

I got this from Pati's Mexican Table.  Super good.
Sorry, no Egg pictures. I was busy singing my eyebrows on flaming the tequila.

Supper was the shrimp, roasted snow peas with panko crumbs, and avocados and tomatoes.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    That sounds really good right now. I still have not decided on supper for tonight. Wish I has some shrimp. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Did you get that plate at a Mexican yard sale? Shrimp and dinner looks damn good!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Travis I am skipping supper, why do I always skip supper after lunch with you :ar! @VI, got to say very nice man. What did you do to the snow peas?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    shtgunal3 said:
    Did you get that plate at a Mexican yard sale?
    lolol.  How do I respond to that?  Actually, it was an offering from Nieman Marcus' Historical Estate Sale.  It seems it was stolen from Emperor Maximillian during the Mexican American War in 1845 by an American soldier named Robert E. Lee.  

Either that, or my wife bought it at a flea market.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Village Idiot
    edited April 2013
    Mickey said:
    @VI, got to say very nice man. What did you do to the snow peas?
    Mickey,
    I've quit boiling green beans and snow peas.  I put olive oil on them and get them all greased up.  Then, put them on a cookie sheet and bake them at around 350.  When they are about done, I sprinkle panko crumbs on them and turn the stove to broil.  I keep watch very carefully, because it doesn't take much time at all to get them toasted.  

I like them much better that way.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Shrimp looks good, trying to figure the panko on the snow peas but I'd eat everything on that plate!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'm coming to central Texas in June. I'm going out of my way to come to your house. you can put me up for the night, give me three bottles of your wine, fix me one of your amazing cooks then sing " soft kitty" while I drift off to sleep. I'll leave sometime after noon... after a good lunch. I'll bring the Ozark.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Soft kitty is my favorite.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    That's a fine looking meal , VI.

Soft kitty is my favorite.
    Temp and time? That's all I'm going to say to keep this a family-oriented forum...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Soft kitty is my favorite.
    Wilma sings "Soft Kitty" to our daughter at bedtime followed by a related, yet original piece "Soft Puppy". 
    Flint, Michigan
  • Village Idiot
    henapple said:
    I'm coming to central Texas in June. I'm going out of my way to come to your house. you can put me up for the night, give me three bottles of your wine, fix me one of your amazing cooks then sing " soft kitty" while I drift off to sleep. I'll leave sometime after noon... after a good lunch. I'll bring the Ozark.
    Sorry, henapple, but I'm scheduled to be out of town that day.  :^o

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    edited April 2013
    I understand about VI's reluctance to entertain. Now VI lives large, has a new 19 foot Airstream but keeps his Vespa in the living-dining-second bed room. He and Pam have bunk beds in the master suite ( remember 19 feet, luckily he got the one model with Master Bedroom). He bought the 19 footer because no way his Nissan could pull it, he found it could push it down the road. :-h
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Does Pati know you stole it from her table? And is Mexican politically correct? I thought they were going by Hispanic or Latin American or something. ;) Great looking plate of food, ya got there in any case.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Village Idiot
    edited April 2013
    Griffin said:
    Does Pati know you stole it from her table? And is Mexican politically correct? I thought they were going by Hispanic or Latin American or something. ;) Great looking plate of food, ya got there in any case.
    Jajajaja.  I know you're kidding, but I always do try to give the source of the recipes whenever I post them.

And, the real name of the ingredient is Crema Mexicana, which roughly translates to Mexican Cream.  Trust me on that.  Yo hablo Español.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    edited April 2013
    <BLOCKQUOTE class=Quote>
    <DIV class=QuoteAuthor><A href="http://eggheadforum.com/profile/31232/Village%20Idiot">Village Idiot</A> said:</DIV>
    <DIV class=QuoteText>
    <BLOCKQUOTE class=Quote>
    <DIV class=QuoteAuthor><A href="http://eggheadforum.com/profile/14659/Mickey">Mickey</A> said:</DIV>
    <DIV class=QuoteText>....... because no way his Nissan could pull it, he found it could push it down the road.</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>I was told that 95% of all the Toyotas ever built are still on the road.  The rest of them made it home without breaking down or being recalled.</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>Ouch, Now I am outtttttttttta here.<BR>

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    :D I had never heard of Pati's Mexican Table. Just looked up her website. Apologies. I'm in sort of a smart ass mood today.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Griffin said:
    :D I had never heard of Pati's Mexican Table. Just looked up her website. Apologies. I'm in sort of a smart ass mood today.
    Her PBS show is great.
  • Mickey
    Griffin said:
    Oh good. Thought you were menopausal.....
    <:-P

• Stoater
    Stoater Posts: 292
    wahay vl is back, or maybe you have been back a while and I have been away, anyway that looks delicious, just read through Patis post in the link, think I am going for it, sorry if it seems like I am swearing at you but did you do it on the egg?  If so did you use your wok or a cast iron pan.  I am thinking it would turn out nice in my wok.
  • Village Idiot
    Stoater said:
    wahay vl is back, or maybe you have been back a while and I have been away, anyway that looks delicious, just read through Patis post in the link, think I am going for it, sorry if it seems like I am swearing at you but did you do it on the egg?  If so did you use your wok or a cast iron pan.  I am thinking it would turn out nice in my wok.
    Thanks.  I did it on the Egg but used a CI skillet.  I'm sure it would also do well in a wok.  The sauce is not only delicious, but you can adjust the "heat" by adding more adobo sauce.  Also, it's quite a show when you light the tequila.  I should have gotten Pam to take a picture during the flameout.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

henapple said:

Sorry, henapple, but I'm scheduled to be out of town that day.  :^o

that's ok...I figured it would cost me something
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN