Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pesto, Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Pix

I've been meaning to post this cook from last week but I've been lazy to be quite honest :)  Anyhow, we have grown tired of the basic chicken breasts and thought we'd jazz them up.  We started out by pounded the breasts super thin but I have to ask what kind of breast enlargement surgery these chickens have been having.  Because I swear the ones we buy are the size of like a turkey...Anyhow.....We slathered on some pesto sauce (premade from Earth Fare)

Then put on some fresh grated mozzarella.  My wife wanted them super cheesy

Then my wife folded them up she said it was too much to roll up. and Wrapped around with a couple slices of good ol Indiana Bacon

Put them on the Egg at about 375 direct grid.  Really didn't lose much of the cheese for being so loosely packed

It took quite some time for me to feel they were safe to come off but wow do they look great

Sliced them open and we ended up for the 2 boys and my wife finished about 2 of them.   Saved the other for sandwiches later in the week and I can't figure out which I enjoyed more.  

Comments

• caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    Those look yummy. Shouldnt be looking while i am stuck at work
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,631
    Those look great. I can't ever get the cheese no stay in once it melts. Nice work. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,075
    Mmmm...that looks wonderful, Eddie!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Sign me up coach....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,718
    Outstanding! Great idea with the pesto.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,155
    Nicely done! Beats the grilled cheese sammich I had for lunch by miles.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,083
    Mighty fine!  Awesome combination of flavors...I can almost taste it.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Awesome! Will try that.
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Damn Eddie. That's all I know to say. Damn!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,387
    looks fantastic 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    Thanks guys!    This forum is so amazing with everyones feedback, help and insight!
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 203
    Nice cook Eddie. I'm going to give that a try this weekend.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
  • cul-de-sac-ercul-de-sac-er Posts: 176
    Eddie, Great post, looks awesome. What was your cook time at 375 Thanks for any help.
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,708
    Great cook, I need to try those.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

• cul-de-sac-ercul-de-sac-er Posts: 176
    Eddie, Also did you slice these in half after pounding out?