Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Master's Tickets

brycos
brycos Posts: 137
My Dad is a golf nut and I would love to get him tickets to next years Master's.  Some of you guys seem to be regulars there, so what's the best course of action to take?

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    In my experience, there are 3 ways to get Masters tickets.
    1. find someone that already has them and beg/buy your way in
    2. sign up for the lottery for the practice round tickets
    3. buy a "badge for a day" off of the ticket websites from a 3rd party/scalper 

Option 3 is very expensive and a huge hassle because you have to coordinate getting and returning the badge...and it would be very bad if you lost it, got kicked out, or someone lost it the day before you were going to go. Good luck. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Bet you could buy an Egg for opt 3....... or several
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hi54putty
    Mickey said:
    Bet you could buy an Egg for opt 3....... or several
    and Mangrates and an Egg Wheelbarrow. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • brycos
    That's what I was afraid of (the cost).  What's the best way to find someone who already has tickets?
  • Hi54putty
    brycos said:
    That's what I was afraid of (the cost).  What's the best way to find someone who already has tickets?
    Usually you will hear them bragging. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    or watch the obits....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Hi54putty pretty much hit the nail on the head. Only other option is to rent a 2,000 square foot house in Augusta for the week-- find one that comes with badges and pay $10,000 or more.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • cdees_1993
    cdees_1993 Posts: 135
    I actually live in Augusta, GA and am planning on renting my home out for next year's masters.  If I could get badges would you be interested?
    It is a 5 br 3 bath home just outside the new champions retreat course in riverwood plantation.

• To give you a taste of what some locals get, I have a 5 bedroom 4 bath house in Jones Creek Golf Club in Evans, GA (suburb of Augusta) that I rent for $27,500 for 5 days which includes maid service daily and 4 badges. I have rented to the same corp for the last 10 years. Almost pays for my mortgage for the year.
    Go Hogs Go
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273

I have gone more than once.   Always bought the day badges from a scalper/ticket company.

They are expensive, depending on which day - I am thinking low end 3 or 4K for a Tuesday to 5-7 a day as you move into the weekend.   Never had a problem.  They do put a very hefty deposit on your badge - which the charge sheet is returned to you when you turn it in.

The company I used in the past maintained a setup in a hotel conference room.   You went there in the morning, picked up your badges, then turned them in there in the afternoon.  Have several friends that have done the same thing, haven't personally heard of any problems.   If you go that route, find a reputable firm, one that has been doing it for several years, you will be fine.

Couple of my thoughts about the days.   I have been on practice round days and tournament days.   If I was to go back - I would go on either Thursday or Friday.

Other majors, my preference is Wed. practice round.   However at the Masters, Wed is the Par 3 tournament in the afternoon - so the practice rounds are much more sparse in the morning.  Granted, alot of people go on Wed because they want to see the Par 3 tournament, just realize you won't see as much golf.

Due to the way the chair system works, you can go early, put your chair in place, then always have a great seat to go back to later in the day.  My fav is 13th green, walk the front nine during the morning, then go back to the chair later in the day.

If you like golf ( or love golf) - you should think about it at least once.

Also, I have always stayed in Columbia SC, and just drove back and forth.   Not tried to rent a house or find a hotel in Augusta.

just my thoughts....

Cookin in Texas
  • brycos

I actually live in Augusta, GA and am planning on renting my home out for next year's masters.  If I could get badges would you be interested?
    It is a 5 br 3 bath home just outside the new champions retreat course in riverwood plantation.

I'm experiencing some sticker shock!  But I'm really interested. Might need to talk to some family on this and make it a reunion.  You can pm me to talk further about it.
  • cdees_1993
    cdees_1993 Posts: 135

It even comes with the use of my Egg!  How can you beat that???? 

• birdieba
    birdieba Posts: 4
    Just show up. I got in on Monday for $150, which I bought at 10:30 in the morning. I go every year and have never paid more than $150 for a practice round ticket. Last year I got a ticket for $50. You can't be scared to get out and hustle though.
    Miami Beach, FL