Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Our Weekend Cooks

GriffinGriffin Posts: 5,692

Such a nice weekend here in Texas, more so Saturday than Sunday, but still nice. Had to work this weekend, but only half days so I still got to enjoy it.

Saturday night it was gras fed steaks, four cheese stuffed mushrooms and a salad. Trying to be healthier. Doc says to eat grass fed for a bunch of reasons. I wasn't impressed. But the mushrooms were amazing. Somehow no pics of the steaks on the grill, but look at those 'shrooms.

You know you want to try one. Some proof there was some steak involved. And a salad. And some Lone Star Bock.

Sunday wasn't as nice out. Wind started blowing bringing a bit of chill to the air, but not to bad. Still had on flip flops and a t-shirt. :) We wanted to do chicken legs. Store was out. So whole chicken. Chicken was frozen. Finally settled on chicken breasts. Not my favorite.

Somehow some jalapeno cheese venison sausage found its way on the grill

And some more four-cheese stuffed mushrooms

This alternate style of eating ain't so hard. Not until I get on here Monday morning and see things like @cortguitarman deep dish pizza. I can do it. Be strong. Hope everybody else had a good weekend.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

Comments