Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Maple Butter Salmon Filets (pix)

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,425
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum

These were goooooood!  :)  Thoroughly enjoying my new table too.  :)  The salmon got dusted down with some BBQ rub, then grilled skin side down for awhile.  Then flipped the filets over and removed the skin with some grilling tongs.  Then gave that side a dusting of rub.  Then basted with some Maple Butter a couple times while on the BGE until they hit 150 internal temp.  Then drizzled on a little bit more maple butter when finished.  Oh yeah, they were grilled direct at about 325 deg f with just lump....no smoking wood added.

·

Comments

• tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Looks good. I cooked salmon last night also. Used a simple brine for 15 minutes and wow, it made all the difference. 4 tbs kosher salt to 2 qts water. Will be the only way forward for me.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,749
    A little well done for my tastes, but that does look and sound fabulous. Seen plenty of recipe's for a maple butter or maple syurp salmon but have never tried it.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Awsome now that looks dang good.   Good cook. I usually use honey on my salmon,  but I may need to check into this.
    ·
  • Did you cook with the lid open or closed?
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,425
    Thx y'all! @Firemedic183, I grilled them with the lid closed.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,977
    Boss, those pics are food pr0n for sure!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,280
    Beautiful photography Dyal. Love salmon!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 373
    Wow!
    Benton,Arkansas
    ·
  • Was the 325 grate temp, or dome temp?
    ·
    Thx a lot, fellas'! Your checks are not in the mail, but I still 'preciate it. ;)

@Firemedic183, that was the dome temp. Hope you get the chance to make it! Too simple but so delicious! Healthy too. Except for the maple and butter I guess. ;) But at least it's just a "glaze" of the unhealthy stuff.
    ·
  • Dyal_SC said:
    Thx a lot, fellas'! Your checks are not in the mail, but I still 'preciate it. ;) @Firemedic183, that was the dome temp. Hope you get the chance to make it! Too simple but so delicious! Healthy too. Except for the maple and butter I guess. ;) But at least it's just a "glaze" of the unhealthy stuff.

That is why I am asking so many questions. That looks absolutely delicious!! I am new to egging, and I think I might have to try this soon. Did you make the maple butter yourself, or did you get it at the store?
    ·
    Just make it yourself. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter and then stir in 3 tablespoons of maple syrup. Pure maple is the best, but other syrups will work in a pinch. :)
    ·
  • Wait no check?
    ·
  • ddeggerddegger Posts: 244
    I just did some Atlantic salmon last week that I really liked, but it wasn't the best I've ever had. Do you know what kind you had? Hey - my 100th post!
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Looks awesome! Salmon was my first cook on my large egg. I need to make it again. =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,280
    looks good man.  how you liking the new height of the table?  
    ·
    Thx guys!

@ddegger, the package didn't say where it was from. It did say "Publix of Lexington" though. :) Congrats on the 100th post!

@U_tarded, I love the height! It's just right! :D
    ·
  • Oh that looks soooo good.  Gonna have to try that glaze on salmon night (Fridays).  Thanks for sharing.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,588
    That looks too good!  I like the idea of removing the skin mid cook.  It comes off nice and clean once it is hot, and you get to season both sides.  The color is just beautiful inside and out!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Wow @Dyal_SC, your pictures looks outstanding. I can never get good pictures of flame. Salmon looks killer. I think that is what we are having tomorrow.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    @Dyal_SC great looking Salmon bud!   I wish I could get my oldest son to not run away from the table the moment I mention any type of fish....I blame that on my mother in law :)
    ·
    @EddieK76, it's always the fault of the in laws....especially the mother in laws. ;) Just cube the salmon up and tell your son it's something cool, like alligator or rattlesnake. :)
    ·