Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermapen

It's been a while since I've posted in this forum but I still recognize some of the handles.  I would like to know if anyone knows the best place to get a good price on a thermapen.  I found it on the Thermoworks website for $96.00 and was wondering if there are any better deals out there.  I've been wanting one for a while now and think it's time I had one.    Thanks!

Comments

• they run an open box sale of refurb units a couple times a year. They are around $60 if I remember right. Outside of that, the price stays pretty consistent. Once you have one, you'll wonder why you waited so long. We use ours inside and out almost every day
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    and we've found uses for it that nothing to do with the BGE!
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Spend the money.  One big T bone that is perfectly cooked to the desired temp will make it all worthwhile.
  • Hotwingking
    Hotwingking Posts: 279
    Get on the Thermoworks E-mail list, they will let you know about sales and specials, I'm glad I bought mine. :D
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Someone wrote a post when the manufacturer had a special sale - you could not select the color - so I bought one for $63. - a pink one! It doesn't tale long to save $63. In overbooked foods!
  • Thanks for the comments. I guess my old posts are buried in the old database. I was fairly active until my wife died in 2007. The kids take up most all my free time now!!!
  • flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    I went full price.  Couldn't stand waiting.  Love it.  Had to go buy new batteries immediately on its arrival though as they shipped near dead.  But love the thermapen.  British Racing Green...(for speed of course)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • JeffM
    JeffM Posts: 103
    Mollyshark on the other forum use to sell them at a reduced price.  I don't know if she still does or not and I don't know the price.  You may want to ping her.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    and we've found uses for it that nothing to do with the BGE!
    I am amazed at how well the Thermapen has improved my coffee/tea production. I was about to buy a Technivorm Moccamaster for drip until I got the Thermapen. I went ahead and got a french press and now have the best coffee I have ever tasted consistently on a daily basis. Now I can actually taste the notes in coffee that you hear people talk about(kind of like wine) when before it was "it tastes like coffee".
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Just orded mine on Sunday. Shipped today.

Camo because the standard Afghanistan issue one was sold out and it is bad ass.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • Thanks for the comments. I guess my old posts are buried in the old database. I was fairly active until my wife died in 2007. The kids take up most all my free time now!!!
    glad you checked back in. Kids have a way of doing that!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • okienine
    okienine Posts: 43
    Got my orange one today, works grea!
    McAlester, Ok. Large and Mini Egg
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    number one must have item in my book, has exponentially improved my cooking inside and out. 

I totally agree! The level of my cooks jumped instantly upon its arrival.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975