Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TFJ is now on the forum- please send all requests/concerns regarding my behavior to her

13»

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I have a Style and Fashion question.

Now that we have some class with @Girl_On_Grill, I'd like to ask her if wearing my favorite striped shirt with my plaid bermuda shorts and my Vespa boots are inappropriate when Egging.  My wife says it is, but I say if they are color coordinated, then it's OK.

Please let me know because this is causing great problems in our family.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I would have to go with this:

I look in the mirror and think "will I end up on People of Walmart?"

If no, I'm good to go.

If yes... Eff it! Let that freak flag fly! I don't shop at that establishment anyway.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    What has happened to this forum? Do tradition and protocol mean nothing now??

It has not been said yet so it is up to me. From my limited experience on this forum...

...its "outa" with a single "t". :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Her handle is @Girl_on_Grill (which is awesome, Thanks @lakewade for that)

She got on in one day! It took me weeks.Guess they do pay attention up there :))

You crossed the streams, Cen-Tex!  

Subscribed.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • lakewade said:
    Her handle is @Girl_on_Grill (which is awesome, Thanks @lakewade for that)

She got on in one day! It took me weeks.Guess they do pay attention up there :))

You crossed the streams, Cen-Tex!  

Subscribed.

Worlds are colliding!
  • Eggcelsior
    This thread is Ghostbusters! I love it!
  • I have a Style and Fashion question.

Now that we have some class with @Girl_On_Grill, I'd like to ask her if wearing my favorite striped shirt with my plaid bermuda shorts and my Vespa boots are inappropriate when Egging.  My wife says it is, but I say if they are color coordinated, then it's OK.

Please let me know because this is causing great problems in our family.

According to the 20 something's at SXSW, the newest trend is "Passion over Fashion" just tell your wife you're an egghead hipster.
  • henapple said:
    oh yeah... when I first saw your forum handle I thought it said " girl_ on_ girl...I thought, FINALLY.

You can thank @lakewade for that one. We stole it from him but it seemed appropriate. it actually started out as "hot girl on grill action" but we had to class it up a little. Cuz we are classy if nothing else
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GA_Dawgs
    GA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    Late to the thread but welcome! Dude to lady ratio about 500:1 now....slowly but surely
  • caliking said:
    TFJ - Welcome!

We can finally quit bugging HWMO (He Who Must Obey) to get you to post some bread tips/info here. :)@henapple - back me up here.

Making bread this weekend & will post. It was great meeting you guys in Salado!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795

"It was great meeting you guys in Salado!"

From here it looks like she typed that with a straight face! 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• henapple said:
    so you're finally on here... if Cen-Tex is the forum sheriff does that make you the commissioner? a warning. from time to time there is drama on the forum. Cen-Tex is usually involved so please join in. a few ways to kick start it... piss VI off hock a cheap accessory no one wants inform a poster how to improve the the cook their proud of. talk down to new members Tell someone their lump sucks Tell Travis the " Travis a method" sucks Tell Mickey his mini and turbo method sucks most of all.. be overly sensitive make fun of me for using the wrong state initials you'll see my avatar.. references to drama, alcohol what looks like a bge in the center
    Your avatar is perfect! I assure you, I have no plans to join the drama club. I do appreciate the tutorial & there is real wisdom there. My Grandma always said, "Men are very sensitive. Never tell them that their lump sucks."
  • Eggcelsior
    Oh dear. Now I see where CT gets it from. He definitely married "up".

• henapple said:

so you're finally on here... if Cen-Tex is the forum sheriff does that make you the commissioner?

a warning. from time to time there is drama on the forum. Cen-Tex is usually involved so please join in. a few ways to kick start it...

piss VI off
    hock a cheap accessory no one wants
    inform a poster how to improve the the cook their proud of.
    talk down to new members
    Tell someone their lump sucks
    Tell Travis the " Travis a method" sucks
    Tell Mickey his mini and turbo method sucks
    most of all.. be overly sensitive
    make fun of me for using the wrong state initials

you'll see my avatar..
    references to drama, alcohol what looks like a bge in the center

Your avatar is perfect! I assure you, I have no plans to join the drama club. I do appreciate the tutorial & there is real wisdom there. My Grandma always said, "Men are very sensitive. Never tell them that their lump sucks."

And there you have it......

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX