Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

deviled egg question

Options
Would you com the eggs c on the grill or just smoke them, I think I read 250 or like 40 mins? Does that sound right? also do you use water to boil or jus cook? I think I saw them just on the grill.

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    This is the best way, boil them, cool them, peel them, smoke them (cold), split them, mix (the magic step), fill them, eat them. 
    U_tarded - great post. 

You could try and cook the eggs on the egg, but then you can drive a nail with a shovel, but you have to ask why? 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    @Double cooks them raw on the egg like 300 for like 30 or 40 mins. Search a post smoking eggs how I do it. He explained his methodology. In my opinion you get a better smoke boiling, cooling, shelling then smoking
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    U_tarded said:

@Double cooks them raw on the egg like 300 for like 30 or 40 mins. Search a post smoking eggs how I do it. He explained his methodology. In my opinion you get a better smoke boiling, cooling, shelling then smoking

I would have to agree with you :-) I like the wow factor when people watch you putting eggs straight on your grill though :-) I will definately give your way a shot though.

Lynnwood WA
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    double said:

U_tarded said:

I would have to agree with you :-) I like the wow factor when people watch you putting eggs straight on your grill though :-) I will definately give your way a shot though.

Yea you created an egg monster at my house for like a week and a half trying to get this figured out. I would have never thought to try it without your mention of it.
  • chris123stock
    Options
    Cool I wil try this tomw. See what happens, thanks guys.