Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

approved at last

took 2 weeks, but who's counting. looking forward to learning and enjoying the company. have had my lbge for 2 weeks. has anyone ever asked about putting the forum on tapatalk?
·

Comments

• Welcome...had to Google this tapatalk...
    :))
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,150
    Welcome!

I hope Etta James is on right now. I don't know about the tapatalk thing but that would be nice.

Where are you from?
    ·
  • ericdcericdc Posts: 30
    Quitman, LA
    ·
    tapatalk is a great forum app iPhones and other mobile devices. use it for my duck hunting forum.
    ·

Welcome!

I hope Etta James is on right now. I don't know about the tapatalk thing but that would be nice.

Where are you from?
    who's that?
    ·

A famous songstress.
    ·
    It is what we usually sing when our favorite lump is back in stock.
    ·
    yea I know the song, didnt know the artist name off hand.....at last......i am approved.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,827
    Welcome - look forward to seeing some duck cooks!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    Welcome, it took me around two weeks to get approved back in the day. 

Looking forward to more posts! Whats your favorite thing you have made on the Egg so far? 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    Welcome aboard.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,351
    Welcome!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • Glad you're here!  If they let me in, they'll let in anybody.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    Solson005 said:

Welcome, it took me around two weeks to get approved back in the day. 

Looking forward to more posts! Whats your favorite thing you have made on the Egg so far? 
    the pork shoulder I did Easter weekend. big hit with family and friends.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    Awesome, I did a small pork butt this weekend. Always nice to make a great cook for a group! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,223
    ericdc said:

yea I know the song, didnt know the artist name off hand.....at last......i am approved.

the administrator approved... the forum sheriff has not. walk softly my friend. there are moderators ( Cen-Tex) on here that can make forum life hell.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    walk softly? like?
    ·
  • Welcome,  duck, I love duck. Have you ever took one, petted its cute little head, and then all at once, just threw it up in the air to just let it fly? Well I was just thinking that might be cool. Ya show the ducks you cook. And anything else. Have a blast here, hey do they say that in the hunting forum? I would.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,223
    ericdc said:

walk softly? like?

jk.. let er rip
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    edited April 2013
    I have some pet mallards on my pond. I just hunt their wild cousins, but I learn how to speak their language ;).

I grill duck occasionally, it's best pot roasted or made into gumbo.

I did make about 30 pounds of smoked duck sausage too. it's pretty spicy.
    ·
  • So when you grill them do you leave the head on? They don't sell any with heads? I really wanted to cook one with the head for the kids.
    ·
    remind me in November, and I'll hook you up.
    ·
    ericdc said:
    walk softly? like?
    Walk softly and carry a big stick. The ladies love it.
    ·
  • That would be super cool. Thanks. 
    ericdc said:
    remind me in November, and I'll hook you up.

·