Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First post, long time reader (pics)

I got my large egg in October at the Atlanta eggfest and have been on this site daily.  First of all, thank you to everyone on the site.  This site is a wealth of knowledge and I have learned a lot more in the 6 months I have been here than I could in 6 years by myself.  The only cook I have not tried yet is the brisket but SWMBO keeps dropping hints that it is time. 

I wanted to share some pics of tonight's cook.  I have not seen anybody post any pics of these so I thought I would share.  Dove marinated in Italian dressing for about an hour, wrapped in bacon, grilled raised direct 400.  When they are almost ready to come off, put a cube of cheddar cheese on top and melt over them.  We also like to take the meat off the breast bone, marinate in Italian dressing, put a slice of jalapeno pepper between two pieces of meat, wrap in bacon, grill and cheese when done.  I was feeling a little lazy tonight and just left the meat on the bone.  Before I got the egg, my wife may eat two, tonight she ate 7 of the 15 I cooked.  Proof that everything is better off the egg!

Again, thank you all for sharing your knowledge.  Hopefully one day I will have some to share as well.

Comments