Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Portland Oregon

Options

I need some suggestions for good egg related places in Portland, OR. (probably SE quadrant).  Places like a good dealer, meat market, spice store, farmers market, fish place, ect.  Any good restaurant recommendations would be nice too (any type, not just BBQ).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

MIke

Comments

• fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    Mike,

I am from Portland however no longer live there. In terms of farmers markets you can't beat Beaverton, it is close to one of the largest in the nation. Other than that, my parents got my dad's egg some place down there, I can check where if you would like. It will not be in SE as my parents are in SW.
  • MikeP624
    MikeP624 Posts: 292
    Options

fletcherfam  Any info would be great.  I am not familiar with the city, but my understanding is that it is pretty easy to get around (unlike Chicago where i live now), so stuff does not need to be that close.  Thanks
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    Yea that is a true statement. I lived in Portland for 18 years, some fun areas. Let me know if you want some other good places to go that aren't BBQ related but still good. I think fresh food wise the Beaverton farmers market is going to be your best bet. They will have everything from beef, pork, chicken, fish, produce, bread, dessert, etc.
  • MikeP624
    MikeP624 Posts: 292
    Options
    Cool, thanks for the info.  I will definetly check that place out. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    A couple of years ago we were vacationing ay Canon Beach and stopped to do some shopping in the Portland area. I noticed Oregon Hot Tub, this was before I had my egg. I was impressed with the number of locations they have and the store I stopped at knew what they were talking about. I have no idea which store it was, but may be worth a look. (Oregon's no sales tax is a big incentive to buy there)
    +1 on the Beaverton market as noted by @fletcherfam
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • OregonHotTub
    Options
    We do actually carry the Big Green Egg and a pretty wide range of Eggcessories if you are still looking for a place to get an Egg, nests, charcoal - pretty much anything you need.

We have stuff in stock at all our showrooms in Beaverton, Clackamas, Vancouver and Bend. The directions are on our website at www.oregonhottub.com