Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First post, long time reader (pics)

I got my large egg in October at the Atlanta eggfest and have been on this site daily.  First of all, thank you to everyone on the site.  This site is a wealth of knowledge and I have learned a lot more in the 6 months I have been here than I could in 6 years by myself.  The only cook I have not tried yet is the brisket but SWMBO keeps dropping hints that it is time. 

I wanted to share some pics of tonight's cook.  I have not seen anybody post any pics of these so I thought I would share.  Dove marinated in Italian dressing for about an hour, wrapped in bacon, grilled raised direct 400.  When they are almost ready to come off, put a cube of cheddar cheese on top and melt over them.  We also like to take the meat off the breast bone, marinate in Italian dressing, put a slice of jalapeno pepper between two pieces of meat, wrap in bacon, grill and cheese when done.  I was feeling a little lazy tonight and just left the meat on the bone.  Before I got the egg, my wife may eat two, tonight she ate 7 of the 15 I cooked.  Proof that everything is better off the egg!

Again, thank you all for sharing your knowledge.  Hopefully one day I will have some to share as well.

Comments