Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cooking salad on the Egg in pictures

MickeyMickey Posts: 16,505
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
imageimageimageimage
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,864
    I'm guessing Linda picked out the mayo?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,505
    She picked the "light" part.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,588

I'm guessing Linda picked out the mayo?

At least it is the right brand. Dukes or bust is my house.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,588
    Looks great Mickey!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,792
    edited April 2013
    Nice pictorial Mickey.  Curious mind wants to know ... in the first pic was the torch balancing itself or was it secured or held by an invisible hand?   ;)
    canuckland
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,570
    Dukes for the win! Looks like a good meal.
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    SALAD ???? Geeez, leave the forum for one day, and Mickey wusses it up.  A REAL man would tell his wife to go eat tofu and hibiscus petals while he cooks something dead on the Egg.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    And what's with the fruit ?
    edited April 2013
    Shredded chicken (rubbed with Julio's), more Julio's rub ( non-Texans think cumin), lime/lemon juice, Dukes mayo, S&P. Avocado And lots of cilantro. I like to eat off chips, very light lunch. Now I like to chop up candied jalapeños for mine. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

@VillageIdiot you were gone? @SteveWPBFL that is because a long, long time ago I married an RN. @canugghead bad form on my part; just sticking there (unless I forget, I try to remember its there). @Chubbs I think it was you a month or so who posted about it. Good stuff. @Eggcelsior the stuff is addicting.

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Mickey has gotten so healthy by eating salads that he can comfortably fit into the same shorts he wore at the 2004 PETA National Convention.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

He should post his final weigh-in picture. If it is half the one above, it will be an inspiration to us all. I am going to post it on my stair stepper while I'm trying to get into mankini shape for the summer.
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    Or is that Mini-Mickey?
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    love the Julio's and dukes I may be able to make this myself if I had the chicken!! lol

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,097
    edited April 2013
    Beautiful pics, Mickey.  The chicken salad looks and sounds great.  Love the idea of jalapeno and cilantro. 

Wish I had stopped scrolling before I saw the pic VI posted.  I'm going to go bleach my eyeballs now.   

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,080
    Great looking meal, Mickey. Duke's is good stuff. Glad we get it down here nowadays. Nothing wrong with their light version.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,689

Mickey has gotten so healthy by eating salads that he can comfortably fit into the same shorts he wore at the 2004 PETA National Convention.

Mickey could use a back, crack and sack wax.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    If he happens to pass gas... Hello mini skirt!