Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Crispy Chicken Wings

BamaFanBamaFan Posts: 658
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
I need a good recipe for crispy wings, can anyone help?
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,223
    I just mix corn starch in with my rub in a bowl. Cook the wings as high as you can get them in the dome. If you have time, leave them uncovered in fridge before cooking them
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,404
    Like to toss mine in baking powder or corn starch....then the rub of your choice. Then go indirect at about 375 deg f dome temp for about 1 to 1.25 hours.....or until they have a fried like texture. The will stay plenty moist even at a high internal temp. You can also go at a high in the dome direct for a shorter time if you prefer. Instead of saucing on the grill, I prefer tossing them in sauce once they come off. Just my humble opinion though. I guess it all depends on the recipe you are using.
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Naked - high in the dome @ 375 - No turning - Toss in your favorite sauce and serve!
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,026
    I use the corn starch (like @Dyal_SC) over oil, just a bit of both, then rub of choice. 400-425, 1" above the felt line and the skin is crunchy and crisp. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,111
    Chubbs said:
    I just mix corn starch in with my rub in a bowl. Cook the wings as high as you can get them in the dome. If you have time, leave them uncovered in fridge before cooking them
    gotta have the cornstarch

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 560
    Dyal_SC said:
    Like to toss mine in baking powder or corn starch....then the rub of your choice. Then go indirect at about 375 deg f dome temp for about 1 to 1.25 hours.....or until they have a fried like texture. The will stay plenty moist even at a high internal temp. You can also go at a high in the dome direct for a shorter time if you prefer. Instead of saucing on the grill, I prefer tossing them in sauce once they come off. Just my humble opinion though. I guess it all depends on the recipe you are using.
    + 1
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·