Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Quick pizza dough recipe

Can anyone provide a quick pizza dough recipe? I have yeast, sugar, flour and probably anything else that will be needed....just don't have a ton of time prior to dinner to allow it to rise, rest, settle, etc... Also probably cannot run to store b/c watching the kids right now. Thanks.
·

Comments

• WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    To be honest, in a short time frame, I use tortillas for pizza crust.  It's fun for the kids, quick and stress free.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,144
    Little late maybe, but if you use TJ's suggestion above and a stand mixer, dough hook knead for 10 minutes, dump it in a covered oiled bowl and a 100F oven, it will rise in <30 minutes. 
    I turn my oven to warm (170 is as low as it goes) and when it hits about 125 I shut is off and slide the bowl in, 30 minutes later the dough has doubled. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • We just bought 3 16" dough balls from whole foods. $3 each. TFJ says to search for Bobby flays fast pizza dough. She says its about a 3 hr process and works in a pinch.

·
  • Thanks all. I will use tortillas next time...great idea. I need to check craigslist and get me a kitchen aid mixer with a dough hook...that will speed up the process...and the idea for dough balls from whole foods is brilliant. Thanks everyone.
    ·
  • onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 660
    If you have a good relationship with a local pizza guy, you may be able to purchase dough from them... another source is Trader Joe's. 
    ·
  • Thanks all. I will use tortillas next time...great idea. I need to check craigslist and get me a kitchen aid mixer with a dough hook...that will speed up the process...and the idea for dough balls from whole foods is brilliant. Thanks everyone.

If you have a good processor, I have an awesome dough recipe that works for that. We use it every week (when we don't forget like today).

·