Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's Cookin' This Weekend?

2»

Comments

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    MrCN, I felt so bad for you that you had to eat boiled hotdogs for lunch. I'm glad you had ribeyes for dinner. Next time fry the hotdogs in a skillet with some butter. A little better than boiled, IMO. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • newby84
    newby84 Posts: 133
    buffalo wings and garlic parmesean wings
  • Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Finished up the ribs (Big Poppa Style)...one with Bad Byruns the other with Redneck Rib Dust. There were killer. Added some chicken for SWMBO and some sausage too. image
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Ribs look great.

I made 6 beautiful ribeyes on my large for the in laws. Wish I had a pic, but we killed them!!
    No pix, didn't happen.
    Flint, Michigan
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    okienine said:
    Doing "The Chicken" tonight, and burgers for lunch tomorrow. Thinking "The Chicken" may be a little hot for SWMBO, so I did a couple with just BBQ sauce, we will see how it goes...
    How did " The Chicken " turn out? I want to try this one.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Doing some goat chops and sausages today for lunch and stuffed pork loin for dinner with carrot & parsnip purée.
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • otter
    otter Posts: 340
    Doing my first brisket, 260 - 275. It is now at 183 deg. Using oak and one pc. Apple. Cen-tex walked me through the set up, so far so good. It is cold and windy in Grand Rapids. Mi. Today, LGBE chugging along. Maverick grill probe quit (LLL). Oh well, all is well.
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • otter
    otter Posts: 340
    Ends 190, middle 185, get n there
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    edited April 2013
    7 lbs of Canadian Bacon home cured for a week. Cook will take 2 -- 2 1/2 hours at 275~300 or until internal temp is 140 degrees. Those are chile peppers on top of the bacon and Dizzy Pig in the cure. Another low carb treat for us. Tastes much better than the store bought variety IMHO.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Haws72688
    Haws72688 Posts: 41
    Simple sirloin gouda burger on Friday.

Baby-Back Ribs all day saturday.

Grand Rapids, MI
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited April 2013
    Not the ribeyes, but I'm cooking! Just lit up the small and tossed a half of a pork loin on with some apple chunks. Gonna do a reverse sear I think. @grannyx4 im moving on up!!Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    MCN, you need a CI grate on the small at felt level. It can also be used on the large at the fire level for sear if you have a spider or woo3. It is full of goodness.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    @aviator

I bought one that was labeled 13", but had a slight oval shape for handles and it won't fit the small. Might grind on it.

XLBGE 
  • yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    AZRPS "The Chicken" Saturday Night, first experience with this.  WOW is all I can say.  I want to do breasts vs Leg quarters next time,  Anyone have experience with this? My Vegetables were amazing. Used Red potato's, sweet potato's, sweet red yams, sweet onion, sweet peppers, mushrooms, sage, rosemary time, S&P.  It was all great.

Tonight Mahi Mahi Tacos on CI, Never had better fish tacos,  Amazing, used DP Fajitaish and made a special sauce, kicked up sour cream and cream cheese.
  • Flank steak for tacos Saturday night and chicken stir fry tonight.
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    egger ave said:
    7 lbs of Canadian Bacon home cured for a week. Cook will take 2 -- 2 1/2 hours at 275~300 or until internal temp is 150 degrees. Those are chile peppers on top of the bacon and Dizzy Pig in the cure. Another low carb treat for us. Tastes much better than the store bought variety. The bacon is done, tastes great. It won't last long.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    I've wanted to try this for a while.  Did my first pork tenderloins.

This was a "two pack" from Costco.  Only after I opened the first package did I realize it was a two pack of two packs.  Right around 5lb total weight.  So, I cooked one pair tonight, and they were a hit.  We finished one.  The second will be dinner tomorrow.

Only complaint was they went cold fast.  I pulled them just over 140F, read that they should be allowed to rest 10 minutes (which they did uncovered in the kitchen...maybe 15min), and by the time I sliced one up and tasted it, the meat was cold.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Did some Hamburgers for the kids and T-Bones and bakers for the Boss and I this weekend.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • newby84
    newby84 Posts: 133
    1st pork butt, 10 hours @250 seasoned w/ mustard and tony cacheres