Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

competition chicken thighs (hardly put a decent try maybe)

Options
bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
Trying my hand at competition style chicken thighs . First off i have to hand it to the pro's its very timing consuming  but i suppose after doing a few thousand of them its second nature .Started by removing the skin then scraping the underside of the fat and squaring up the thigh and skin .Then putting rub on the chicken and reassembling it holding the skin in place with tooth picks then more rub on the outside .Thinking of cooking them in a garlic butter bath using either aluminum pans or large broiling pan on the XLBGE indirect for about 2 hours or until they reach a internal temp of 165 and pulling them then dipping them in a warm sauce and back on the egg to glaze and finish to 180 internal .rub that am using is slap yo daddy and wood for smoke either apple and cherry or may go with alder or olive wood also .Any suggestions for wood ?
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments