Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick pizza dough recipe

Options
Can anyone provide a quick pizza dough recipe? I have yeast, sugar, flour and probably anything else that will be needed....just don't have a ton of time prior to dinner to allow it to rise, rest, settle, etc... Also probably cannot run to store b/c watching the kids right now. Thanks.

Comments

• WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    To be honest, in a short time frame, I use tortillas for pizza crust.  It's fun for the kids, quick and stress free.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Little late maybe, but if you use TJ's suggestion above and a stand mixer, dough hook knead for 10 minutes, dump it in a covered oiled bowl and a 100F oven, it will rise in <30 minutes. 
    I turn my oven to warm (170 is as low as it goes) and when it hits about 125 I shut is off and slide the bowl in, 30 minutes later the dough has doubled. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    We just bought 3 16" dough balls from whole foods. $3 each. TFJ says to search for Bobby flays fast pizza dough. She says its about a 3 hr process and works in a pinch.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Royal Coachmen
    Options
    Thanks all. I will use tortillas next time...great idea. I need to check craigslist and get me a kitchen aid mixer with a dough hook...that will speed up the process...and the idea for dough balls from whole foods is brilliant. Thanks everyone.
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    If you have a good relationship with a local pizza guy, you may be able to purchase dough from them... another source is Trader Joe's. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Thanks all. I will use tortillas next time...great idea. I need to check craigslist and get me a kitchen aid mixer with a dough hook...that will speed up the process...and the idea for dough balls from whole foods is brilliant. Thanks everyone.

If you have a good processor, I have an awesome dough recipe that works for that. We use it every week (when we don't forget like today).

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX