Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

What size Paella for LBGE?

What size Paella do you have?    I want to get a 15" but I think the handles will have to sit between the felt when the lid is closed.  Does anyone do that?  Does it retain heat still, given the small crack?

Thanks in advance!
Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,221

The Typhoon 15 1/2 inch is about the biggest you'll fit.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Typhoon-Professional-Large-Stick-Paella/dp/B00009WBB6

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,658
    edited April 2013
    I use a 16 1/2 " handle to handle Copco.  It has been in the house since '81 and no longer produced, but available on eBay for around $60.  Heavy duty cast iron with enamel surface.  Cooks enough for 8-10 depending on sides. .
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 883
    edited April 2013
    I have a 16" paella pan which I already owned when I bought my LBGE. It just fits when set on the spider so that the handles land in the seam for the gasket. They actually aren't on the gasket itself, but the 1/8" or so of ceramic that shows on the inside of the gasket. So basically I have ceramic with my handle sitting on top of it and then the upper lids ceramic on top. The gasket is just outside the handle that's why the lid can close almost all the way because the handle is actually just inside of the gasket The lid closes about almost all of the way, there is a slight crack left at the front under the handle. If I was getting a new pan, I would probably get a 15" or 14" model. My 16" paella pan was listed as serving 6, but it easily serves eight with some leftovers in my real world experience.

Jim
    BBQ Website: grillin' & smokin'

Middlesex County, MA
    Three Large BGE's & Too Many Eggcessories to Count