Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 season kicked off!

Options
twlangan
twlangan Posts: 307
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
The snow on my deck finally melted so I could get to my Egg. Have some Atomic Buffalo Turds cooking right now for Sunday lunch. Seasoned them with some DP Tsunami Spin for something new. Sweet Baby Ray's Raspberry Chipotle BBQ sauce will go on the last 10-15 min. Have some pineapple with some Pineapple Head waiting to go on when these are done.

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    My 2013 season started on January 1St and has been pretty steady since. What took you so Long?
    Flint, Michigan
  • twlangan
    Options
    Technically mine did too. I did a pulled pork cook around the new year but we didn't have too much snow at that point. We got piled on soon after that. Since we're running a farm and having to move copious amounts of snow with each storm to keep the cattle fed, the last thing I feel like doing is shoveling my deck off. I let Mother Nature take care of that and she just got around to it the past week or two.  :)
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    The egg doesn't let a little snow get her down! Fire that baby up when there's a little powder on top!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • twlangan
    Options
    Correct. The snow doesn't slow the Egg down, but me on the other hand...  LOL