Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New to the Egg

Hi All,

New to BGE.  I have had my egg for a week and have used it twice.  I love the egg.  Ribs the first cook and Prime Rib the second.  Both smoked with Apple Wood.  HEre are some pictures.

InvestLT (aka John)
imageimageimageimage
·

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,552
    Great looking cooks. Welcome aboard. Where do you live?
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • I'd say you are off and running. Welcome aboard

·
  • Holy crap prime rib as a first, very cool. Welcome, some good cooks. Thanks for sharing. 
    ·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    Enjoyed the images, please send leftovers to me.love the virgin gasket and almost white interior. Reminds me of my BGE's looked like new. Welcome to the cult.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • investltinvestlt Posts: 2
    I am from the Boston area (burbs).
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,990
    welcome... nice
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Welcome aboard,looks like your getting the hang of it! About four cooks a week is the norm here- :((
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Nice first cooks!
  • CowdogsCowdogs Posts: 484
    That prime rib looks stellar, and the ribs look damn good too.
    ·
  • allsidallsid Posts: 399
    Fantastic looking start to your egg-venture!

I look forward to seeing what you have in store for future cooks-

GO PATS!
    ·