Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

And the Winners of the first (Maybe Annual) Egghead Weightloss Competition Is.....

2»

Comments

• doubledouble Posts: 1,212

tjv said:

Hey Village Idiot,  when I posted this my first thought was......the weight loss competition results  and likewise the responses are like grade school sports.......everyone is a winner and gets a trophy..........lol

t

but some trophies are better than others.................

Does that mean we all get a CGS gift certificate ;-)

Lynnwood WA
  • JayHawkEyeJayHawkEye Posts: 170
    Just seeing that I was the winner! Sweet! I'll do a little better write-up tonight when I get home, but thanks @fletcherfam for doing this. 
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin
    XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • Just seeing that I was the winner! Sweet! I'll do a little better write-up tonight when I get home, but thanks @fletcherfam for doing this. 
    great job man. Amazing results. Would love to hear how you did it.

I don't have any secret formula for losing the weight other than adhering to calories in versus calories out. I used a calorie tracker app on my phone (My Fitness Pal) and monitored EVERYTHING I ate. It drove my wife nuts. I had my calorie intake set at 1400 to begin, but by exercising I could "earn" more calories (think: beer). That's about it as far as my nutrition. I still ate the same foods, just not as much. I don't have a sweet tooth, so it was easy to skip on desserts. The hardest part was cutting out unnecessary chips. 
    The exercise side of the equation is where I made a huge change. I started out hot and heavy on the treadmill 5 miles a day, but I developed a stress fracture in my tibia. That drove me to rejoining a gym where I bikes my @$$ off. Luckily, it was basketball season and each piece of cardio equipment had its own tv. That helped. I also started swimming. That was hard. My leg started feeling better right at the end and I started mixing up all three. 
    The sad part is that I consider myself a pretty athletic guy, I'd just been uber lazy to get myself to where I was. When the competition started my goal was to get under 180. As time wentby and the pounds kept coming off, I changed my goal to 20% and trying to win! Fishlessman kept me motivated with his results. A huge thanks to Fletcher for organizing this thing. 
    (I'd post before and after pics, but I don't know what the monitors would think of that.)
    XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • Fouker187Fouker187 Posts: 40
    I don't have any secret formula for losing the weight other than adhering to calories in versus calories out. I used a calorie tracker app on my phone (My Fitness Pal) and monitored EVERYTHING I ate. It drove my wife nuts. I had my calorie intake set at 1400 to begin, but by exercising I could "earn" more calories (think: beer). That's about it as far as my nutrition. I still ate the same foods, just not as much. I don't have a sweet tooth, so it was easy to skip on desserts. The hardest part was cutting out unnecessary chips. 
    The exercise side of the equation is where I made a huge change. I started out hot and heavy on the treadmill 5 miles a day, but I developed a stress fracture in my tibia. That drove me to rejoining a gym where I bikes my @$$ off. Luckily, it was basketball season and each piece of cardio equipment had its own tv. That helped. I also started swimming. That was hard. My leg started feeling better right at the end and I started mixing up all three. 
    The sad part is that I consider myself a pretty athletic guy, I'd just been uber lazy to get myself to where I was. When the competition started my goal was to get under 180. As time wentby and the pounds kept coming off, I changed my goal to 20% and trying to win! Fishlessman kept me motivated with his results. A huge thanks to Fletcher for organizing this thing. 
    (I'd post before and after pics, but I don't know what the monitors would think of that.)
    Why are you naked?
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,703
    Congratulations to all of you! GREAT JOB!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Great job. And there are no monitors.

I'm doing the same thing. I'm eating low carb but tracking every bite on live strong. I also have a body bug (they are awesome) so I track every calorie out too. Highly recommend the body bug for anyone trying to lose weight. I've had it for years but hadn't used it in a while. This thing is so cool because every 3500 calorie deficit = 1 lb fat loss. and it's spot on. You can do the math every day and know exactly what you will lose. 

I didn't set out to be low-carb, but when cutting calories out of your diet the big chunks are the carbs. I still ate pizza, just not the crust...etc, e
    Here's the before/after pics (it DID happen!). 
    (*DISCLAIMER - I'm doing this on my phonr, so I don't know how the pics will turn out. Sorry.)
    imageimageimageimage
    IMG_20130405_135724.jpg
    1804 x 1804 - 743K
    IMG_20130405_140138.jpg
    1828 x 1828 - 837K
    IMG_20130405_135850.jpg
    1836 x 1836 - 696K
    IMG_20130405_140635_1.jpg
    1836 x 1836 - 732K
    XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,212
    @jayhawkeye HOLY CRAP good job buddy! I will get you the Sous Vide so you can put some meat on those bones!
    Lynnwood WA
    @double Can't wait! I've got some ribeyes and short ribs sealed and ready!
    XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • atta boy jayhawk. Just awesome. I love to see a great success story.

• Way to go JayHawk, great job.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?

Belmont, NC

• 500500 Posts: 1,045
    Great job, all. Not so much for me. I'll blame it on stress at work, cause I'm in the middle of a project with big consequences if I fail.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.