Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Friday Cooks...

2»

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 6,453
    LOL!!! Nope... Scoot bailed early last night. Just her playin in the sun.
    ·
    Finally after a little over 18 hours the butts hit 197... Very tender and jiggly. I'll pull the bone and shred later...

Modified FTC... Wrapped up tight and into a 170 oven for a few hours till dinner.

Bark is thick and really tasty... Going to sauce it with some Wegmans Organic BBQ sauce later.

I wish my wok was as non stick as the inside of my egg :))

Time enjoy the Tigers game with a few beers and a good smoke...

imageimage
    image.jpg 793.6K
    image.jpg 929.8K
    ·
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 557
    Great looking bark. I just put on (2) slabs of St Louis Style Spare Ribs.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Looking good Hap, I got four 8lbers sitting at 180 right now. Problem is I'm working tonight so no brew for me. First time my egg has ever been lit without alcohol and it wasn't easy.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Well, the Tigers did their part, how did the pork turn out?  Your pics are always wonderful.  I guess at some point, I should try an overnight.  For butts, I have only done the turbo method.  The one thing I think I notice is that the overnights seem to have "more" crust than the turbos.  I put yellow mustard the Butt Rub with a little salt.  Has anyone else noticed the crust difference?

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·
    Here are the results... First pull, smoke ring, second pull, and then sauced and ready...

Thanks for liking the pics :)

Haven't done the turbo method yet... I used olive oil and then the rub.

image.jpg 1.3M
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I have always used olive oil. Have never tried mustard. If it ain't broke, right? By the way my previous post should have said three 8lbers not four.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
    Today...
    Not egging a damn thing. Still have tons of pulled pork. Just sitting in the sun, listening to Tigers baseball, and enjoying some Titos and a good stick.

Enjoy ur Sundays!!!
    ·