Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Big time failed cook and cracked Egg - not a good day

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
OK, I've cooked Chicago Deep Dish Pizza many times, and would put my pizza up against Lou Malnati's or Giordanos any time.  There are even pics from previous posts to prove it.  I thought I had this one down.  Made 2 pizza's for dinner tonight.  After the first one, cooked at 500 degree dome, I noticed the dome on the Egg had a big crack.  Pizza turned out mushy, not near as crispy as usual.  Second one turned out the same, so I figured I'd throw it back on direct on the platesetter.  Burned the crap out of it.  Not a good cook.

Comments

• MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,971
    dead gum, bad day for sure. sending my condolences 

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    @Tjcoley Sorry to hear that at least your egg will be covered . 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,580
    That sucks... Get plenty of pics and send them in. Good luck.
    ·
  • Bummer sorry that sucks #-o
    ·
  • sorry TJ- I just got a new base after 8+ years so hopefully you will be covered. 

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,976
    We can win em all!  I smoked some meatballs for sketty last night that didn't turn out so good.  I got a batch of weak lump that smoldered and made some funky balls!

On the bright side- you get a shiny new dome! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Keep us updated about the warranty. Would like to know if its covered.
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,220
    Darn. With a cracked dome you at least should have pulled out the most amazing pizza you could never reproduce. That is the way things happen in the lab in the movies.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,271
    Seems to be some sort of 'crack epidemic' lately!
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,421
    TJ - sorry to hear about the cracked dome.  I dunno if it would make enough difference that you couldn't hit temp with a little compensation...but I could see it being a psychological reason.  Anyway, my condolences.  Hope the mothership takes care of ya.

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Thanks for the sympathy everyone. Plan to take some daylight pics tomorrow, scan the receipt and send to the Mothership. I'll let everyone know how the warranty goes.
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,308
    Bummer. Hope your dealer is quick to respond and get you a new base soon
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Sorry to hear about your dome and a bad pizza cook on top of that?  Earlier, I thought I heard the sound of a lot of Tito's filling a glass followed by gulping noises.  I wasn't sure where it was coming from, but definately east of me.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Sorry to hear about your dome and a bad pizza cook on top of that?  Earlier, I thought I heard the sound of a lot of Tito's filling a glass followed by gulping noises.  I wasn't sure where it was coming from, but definately east of me.

The Tito's started flowing big time after I saw the crack.
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,543
    TJ - that's JB Weld not JB bourbon - sorry to hear, hope it all works out. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • TJ - After sitting back and having a few Tito's, decides he should text the Mothership and politely inform them of his plight.  I'm not sure if this is his opener to request a warranty replacement or if this is Customer Service following up requesting more information.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·