Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Peppered stout beef question

After seeing all of these posts about it I'm going to do it tomorrow. My question is how long is the total cook cook time start to finish that y'all have noticed? Just want to know how much beer I need to buy.
Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,661
    I am doing it today. Planning on 7-8 hours. So, 15 beers
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,171
    Those numbers sound bought right

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519
    Yeah, just about. To err on the side of caution, I would chill more than 15.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
    That is just the chilled bud light. Got 3 pints of guiness to go along with it. Don't want my chuck to have something I don't have. ;)
    ·
    @cajunduck, you doing yours today? I have two chuck roasts at 158IT right now. Got the veggies getting happy I. The Guinness and worcheshire sauce right now.
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I done a 4lb chuck and @chubbs numbers are dead on.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • cajunduckcajunduck Posts: 203
    Tomorrow
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
    ·
  • I wouldn't know but people have told me that beer doesn't go bad! That being said chill plenty, good luck, and peeper stout beef is delicious. Cooked it a couple weeks back for UFC 158.
    ·