Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Anything to be aware of when buying a demo from an eggfest?

Just pre-ordered a mini for the Georgia Mountain Eggfest in May ($379 total for mini + stand).  I will be calling Tom at CGS to get set up for a mini woo and then add a stone, but is there anything else I to be aware of when taking an egg home from a fest?  Maybe a pointless question, but I don't know what I don't know.
Atlanta suburbs
Large & Mini owner
UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 14,024
    Get your10" wok on order from mrs Chain at the Wok Shop. Also your Lodge griddle.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015

• dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    Gonna be pre-ordering a large from them probably Monday. I don't think there's much to worry about, to be honest.

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 4,890
    Nothing to worry about from the BGE and warranty perspective-just make sure the used lump is out of your demo before loading it up for the road trip.  Yes, there have been postings of the demo BGE deciding to self-start on its way to a new home!
    Louisville
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,106
    It will ride just fine set belted in. Get yourself a CARTen for peace of mind traveling. You will be doing a lot of traveling with the mini.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    lousubcap said:

Nothing to worry about from the BGE and warranty perspective-just make sure the used lump is out of your demo before loading it up for the road trip.  Yes, there have been postings of the demo BGE deciding to self-start on its way to a new home!

Wow, good advice!

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • egretegret Posts: 3,997
    Crispix49 said:
    Just pre-ordered a mini for the Georgia Mountain Eggfest in May ($379 total for mini + stand).  I will be calling Tom at CGS to get set up for a mini woo and then add a stone, but is there anything else I to be aware of when taking an egg home from a fest?  Maybe a pointless question, but I don't know what I don't know.
    Just a head's up........we're not going to assemble any of the minis due to their limited utility in a large eggfest environment. Your's will be brand new in the box unless you really want it assembled. They're very easy to assemble so I wouldn't be concerned about that if I were you.
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,738
    egret said:
    Crispix49 said:
    Just a head's up........we're not going to assemble any of the minis due to their limited utility in a large eggfest environment. Your's will be brand new in the box unless you really want it assembled. They're very easy to assemble so I wouldn't be concerned about that if I were you.

Thats amazing! If I were you, I'd just keep it in the box, easy to get home and it is brand spankin new!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
  • rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    There is one very important thing you do need to be aware of, You will be buying more in the future. Thats how I bought all 4 of mine. =))