Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anything to be aware of when buying a demo from an eggfest?

Options
Just pre-ordered a mini for the Georgia Mountain Eggfest in May ($379 total for mini + stand).  I will be calling Tom at CGS to get set up for a mini woo and then add a stone, but is there anything else I to be aware of when taking an egg home from a fest?  Maybe a pointless question, but I don't know what I don't know.
Atlanta suburbs
Large & Mini owner
UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Get your10" wok on order from mrs Chain at the Wok Shop. Also your Lodge griddle.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• dpittard
    dpittard Posts: 126
    Options
    Gonna be pre-ordering a large from them probably Monday. I don't think there's much to worry about, to be honest.

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Nothing to worry about from the BGE and warranty perspective-just make sure the used lump is out of your demo before loading it up for the road trip.  Yes, there have been postings of the demo BGE deciding to self-start on its way to a new home!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    It will ride just fine set belted in. Get yourself a CARTen for peace of mind traveling. You will be doing a lot of traveling with the mini.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • dpittard
    dpittard Posts: 126
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Nothing to worry about from the BGE and warranty perspective-just make sure the used lump is out of your demo before loading it up for the road trip.  Yes, there have been postings of the demo BGE deciding to self-start on its way to a new home!

Wow, good advice!

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Crispix49 said:
    Just pre-ordered a mini for the Georgia Mountain Eggfest in May ($379 total for mini + stand).  I will be calling Tom at CGS to get set up for a mini woo and then add a stone, but is there anything else I to be aware of when taking an egg home from a fest?  Maybe a pointless question, but I don't know what I don't know.
    Just a head's up........we're not going to assemble any of the minis due to their limited utility in a large eggfest environment. Your's will be brand new in the box unless you really want it assembled. They're very easy to assemble so I wouldn't be concerned about that if I were you.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    egret said:
    Crispix49 said:
    Just a head's up........we're not going to assemble any of the minis due to their limited utility in a large eggfest environment. Your's will be brand new in the box unless you really want it assembled. They're very easy to assemble so I wouldn't be concerned about that if I were you.

Thats amazing! If I were you, I'd just keep it in the box, easy to get home and it is brand spankin new!

XLBGE 
  • rsmith193
    rsmith193 Posts: 219
    Options
    There is one very important thing you do need to be aware of, You will be buying more in the future. Thats how I bought all 4 of mine. =))