Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grid and plate setter holder

This is a bit premature because I do not have a picture to post yet, but have any of you seen the add on grid holder? It is a wire contraption that hooked into the holes in the nest frame and holds a grid or platesetter. I bought two today and left them in my truck. I looked online to see what they are called but cannot find them. Anyone know? I'll post a pic tomorrow.
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
·

Comments

• PhiliciousPhilicious Posts: 312
    I guess no one knows what i am talking about.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,413
    Need a pic Phil. I tried searching and came up with nothing.
  • bo_mullbo_mull Posts: 297
    I have one in my garage still in the bag. I built a table for my egg and I have never used the grid holder.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

·
  • AUWAGAUWAG Posts: 72
    @philicious I have one as well. I think a local guy came around and said he made them. Fairly simple yet works well. I will try to find the name out. 
    ·
    I'll post a pic later today. I bought 2 as you can put one on each side.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,449
    I have seen it, yes. Pretty good idea. I would get one to mount on side of table. Hanging in front of the egg seems like it would get in way some. They are cool though
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
    Here it is, empty. I'll post one with grid in it when I get home from work.
    image.jpg 2.8M
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Always wondered what those two holes where for?? This would get in my way from my method of removing the ash and spraying off the area under my egg. I have a big offset smoker next to my egg where I stow all my grills and PS.
    ·
  • I bought one of those for my nest. Never did get a chance to use it seeing as how I built a table. Now I have a nest and other things I must sell :(
    ·
  • I thought that was what the old retired gasser is for!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
    ·
  • captjocaptjo Posts: 59
    It is called The Grate Rack and is made by Innovations By Chance. Mike Chance is a great guy (no pun intended). He has been working diligently with BGE and many bge distributors to get the racks and Bright Grill Lights available to the masses.
    Dizzy Pig BBQ Company in Manassas VA has them if you live in northern VA. Not available on their website.
    Bristow, VA
    1 Lrg & 1 XL
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 989

My local dealer had them for the large BGE but not the XL back in December.  Not sure if they have come out with one for the XL yet or not.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • sancho65sancho65 Posts: 83
    Where could we get a "Bright Grill Light" if we don't live in northern VA.??
    Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
    ·
  •  
    dlk7 said:

My local dealer had them for the large BGE but not the XL back in December.  Not sure if they have come out with one for the XL yet or not.

They make it for the XL egg nest as I bought one from my dealer. The little rack cost me about $12.
    ·
    Captjo - that is the one. Will try mine out tomorrow. I bought two.
    ·
  • We carry them, but....be aware they do not hold a large platesetter without hitting the side if the ceramic Egg base.   I would be nervous cracking one or the other.

They do work for grids and small Eggs.  Under $20

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,053
    edited June 2013

Does anyone have any contact info for this company?

I see the Facebook page, but it does not contain any contact info.  I have been unsuccessful with my Google'ing too.

If you could email me the owner's info (or email him mine), I would appreciate it.  Looking to add his product to our stock.

Thanks,

-J

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    i'd like the info as well to get one please 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • We carry them, but....be aware they do not hold a large platesetter without hitting the side if the ceramic Egg base.   I would be nervous cracking one or the other.

I have one on my large, ive had it for months and never had a concern of it breaking the plate setter. I think it works well. Well for me anyway.  
    ·

We carry them, but....be aware they do not hold a large platesetter without hitting the side if the ceramic Egg base.   I would be nervous cracking one or the other.

I have one on my large, ive had it for months and never had a concern of it breaking the plate setter. I think it works well. Well for me anyway.  
    does me no good since the web site says we no longer ship products 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • @bigphil any dealer can get them and should be willing to ship to you. 
    ·
  • StreetgliderStreetglider Posts: 103
    I bought one when I pulled the trigger last December, love it to hold my cooking grid

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories
    ·
    @chris123stock  i'll check mine last time i was there i didn't see it 
    ·
  • LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    I got one at Eggtoberfest last year!  It works good, since my egg is STILL sitting in it's nest!  
    ·
  • MCChanceMCChance Posts: 2
    Sorry for the oversight. My email is InnovationsbyChance@live.com
    Thank you,
    Mike Chance
    ·
  • Grader07Grader07 Posts: 109
    Bought 2 of them at the eggs by the chesapeake eggfest june 8th. Works great
    ·