Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What's Cookin' This Weekend?

I didn't think I was going to be able to Egg until Sunday, but I'm taking the small and mini to my Mom's tomorrow for practice cooking some appetizers I might do for the farmer's market cook I'm doing in June.  I was thinking about trying "Magnum Loads", a recipe by Spring Chicken from the 2012 Georgia Mountain Eggfest.  I'm also going to try one my co-worker turned me onto from Paula Dean.  I'm also doing some tortilla pizzas.  GADZOOKS!  My diet is taking a hit!

Sunday I'm spatchcocking a turkey.  Have a great weekend everybody! 

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,387
    Saturday doing pastrami on the LBGE with hickory and oak  and Sunday going to try my hand at competition chicken .Removing the skins and squaring them up and the thighs then reassembling them and hoping they turn out looking and tasting as the should Those will be cooked on the XLBGE with some cherry wood 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • newby84newby84 Posts: 51
    I'm gonna do Griffens garlic parm wings sat and pork butt Sun.
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Staining the table tomorrow since the weather is going to be beautiful. Pulled the egg out of the table, set on the patio and gonna smoke some ribs while I watch the paint dry!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,586
    Doing pepper stout pulled beef tomorrow and then cold smoking another 16lbs of bacon Sunday AM. Not sure about Sunday night.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,184
    I'm cooking a chuck roast, not sure I  want to do pulled beef or pot roast yet. Maybe if you search the archives you will find something. :)) =)) 3:-O
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Dough just made and into the fridge for a Chicago Deep Dish sausage pizza tomorrow.  Picked up a beef tenderloin roast for Sunday.  First time for me on the Egg with that one.
    Did burgers tonight and just threw on butts with some hickory...

Not sure past this...
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,555
    Got a couple slabs of baby back ribs going on the Egg tomorrow.  Gonna be an absolutely beautiful day.  There will be plenty of beer involved as I get ready for the final four games.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Doing 24lb of butts tomorrow for folks at work.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• BakerManBakerMan Posts: 154
    Herb encrusted lamb chops and burgers on Saturday.
    BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,542
    Gonna try the mechoui lamb and spices today. Could not find the bone in kind but got a bonelsess.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

• egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    6 lbs of Canadian bacon this afternoon. Going to try some orange wood chunks with this batch.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,362
    Root canal yesterday; I'll be having soup.   :-S

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • My weekend began last night.  I just like ribs!  Leftovers tonight...
    Dave
    no, not -that- one!
    KI4PSR
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,542
    edited April 2013
    Botch said:

Man, why would you go do a root canal on Friday? Don't you know you need to be eggin on weekends? :))

Ill save some for ya.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

• Botch said:

When that root canal fails, I can take that tooth out for you ;)
    LBGE, Twin Eagle 36" grill to hold my EGGcessories
  • stuffed pork loin last night.  I have a ton left over that im sure i'll eat that all weekend.  maybe some brats sunday.  
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,672
    8 lb Boston butt
    2 LG slabs baby back ribs
    smoked turnip greens
    baked potatoe casserole
    pinto beans and corn bread
    corn on the cob
    sweet tea
    pecan pie
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • We'll be packing for a trip tonight (Singapore & Malaysia), so probably something quick and easy -- maybe shrimp or thighs or burgers?
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,332
    I just boiled some hot dogs B-)

XLBGE 
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 145
    I just boiled some hot dogs B-)

Blasphemer! I just rubbed a spatchcock with Bone Suckin Rub. Never tried it but I like the sauce so I figured I'd give it a whirl. That heart is all mine!
    image.jpg 768.4K
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 577
    (2) racks of St Louis Style Spare Ribs.
    image.jpg 1.3M
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Que_n_BrewQue_n_Brew Posts: 577
    (2) racks of St Louis Style Spare Ribs.
    We'll be packing for a trip tonight (Singapore & Malaysia), so probably something quick and easy -- maybe shrimp or thighs or burgers?

Anyone else jealous?
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,379
    6 lb prime rib here.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Geez im doing ribs sunday, I guess everyone else is too. Now I feel boring, guess I am going to spice it up abit
  • My employer is a BGE dealer and this weekend we were at a Spring Expo.  We cooked prime rib, ribs, butt, pizza, burgers, stuffed mushroom caps, salmon, meatballs, burgers......

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• okienineokienine Posts: 43
    Doing "The Chicken" tonight, and burgers for lunch tomorrow. Thinking "The Chicken" may be a little hot for SWMBO, so I did a couple with just BBQ sauce, we will see how it goes...
    McAlester, Ok. Large and Mini Egg
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,546
    Take out pizza tonight and lamb chops and burgers tomorrow.
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,332
    ok, so making up for my boiled lunch hotdogs (which were very good after i sliced em and put franks BBQ and cheese on them)

I made 6 beautiful ribeyes on my large for the in laws. Wish I had a pic, but we killed them!!

XLBGE