Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Salmon in the rain (pics)!

Had been planning all week for a cedar planked salmon cook and looking forward to tonight.  Major cold rain came in mid-day and almost caused me to wuss on the whole deal.....but was inspired by all the other posters cooking in worse weather than this.  So, stopped by Lowe's and picked up a chimney cover then headed out into it - rain be damned!  Did a nice cedar planked salmon with honey-mustard marinade and followed it up with planked, braised pairs with honey and blue cheese.  Egg handled the elements better than the chef - excellent cook all the way around!imageimageimage

Comments

• Awsome, nothing better than braving the rain. Living here in the NW. Liquid sunshine is what we get. So you cant let it stop you. Looks real good, bet it tasted even better, wicked cook. 
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Looks great
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Kudos!! Delicious looking meal!
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,599
    Looks Delicious! You have a pretty yard too! :)
  • ddeggerddegger Posts: 244
    Thanks all! Both recipes came from the plank cooking pub on the BGE site, really happy with the results.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,977
    I was reminded of Gene Kelly for some reason ;)

Looks great - don't let weather stop you from eggin'.

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,427
    Great cook!

I really like your sous-vide setup next to the egg. You'll be able to hot-tub quite a few steaks!
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 590
    Great cook! I really like your sous-vide setup next to the egg. You'll be able to hot-tub quite a few steaks!
    @Eggcelsior How you connect this stuff is amazing! 
    =))

Large BGE

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,064
    Nice meal. Your steely look of determination shows you mean business!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    Great cook! I really like your sous-vide setup next to the egg. You'll be able to hot-tub quite a few steaks!

:))
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Great looking meal and nice patio. I see your problem dealing with the rain, you forgot your adult beverage to help you brave the elements!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    Great looking meal and nice patio. I see your problem dealing with the rain, you forgot your adult beverage to help you brave the elements!
    Yep!  A cold rain is no match for a little liquid courage!

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • Great looking salmon.  I've got my planks soaking for tonight.  Might have to try that honey-mustard.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

Adult beverage not in photo because consumed prior to heading out (and between courses and,  maybe, after pears..... lost track at some point) - stellar advice anyway! 
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,006
    Weather just don't affect the Egg. The cook maybe, but not the Egg. Nice looking meal ya had there.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,685
    That looks like the salmon cuts that our HEB has been selling for $3 each and they have been giving away asparagus if you buy 2 of them.  It's been hard to top that for its combination of health, taste, and affordability. 

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 414
    Bookmarked solely on the braised pears with honey and blue cheese.  Very nice.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,903
    Very nice cook!  What a glorious feeling.  I bet you are happy again.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Happy as can be. @Foghorn - that would be a heluva deal. I paid over $20 for these three at Whole Paycheck, asparagus not included.