Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

wing night

caneggercanegger Posts: 537
Did a wing night last night with SWMBO. Turned out good. Did some with a honey garlic, some with a chicken sauce I had and some with a oil and diced garlic and honey and franks red hot mixture. They were awesome. Did them at 350 indirect. Cut up potatoes into 1/4inch slices as well and cooked until crispy sorry no pics of the potatoes
·

Comments

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 616
    Wings look good

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    six_egg said:

Wings look good

Thanks I've done wings a couple of times and they just keep getting better
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,592
    Man, I want wings now! Those look phenomenal!
    ·
    SWMBO usually likes them dry but I started saucing them, and way better that way
    ·
  • They look great!  I'm a big fan of honey garlic wings!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • When you guys do wings what kind of wings do you buy at the grocery store?  I end up getting wings but I have to cut wing off and if I'm doing 2 dozen it can take a while.  Do some people buy the frozen wings?

I guess I'm just not very efficient at cutting the wings yet.  Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks 
    ·
    @DenaSmoker the ones i buy are already cut up and not frozen yet.
    ·
  • Those look great.  Would you mind sharing the recipe on the Honey Garlic - they sound right up my SWMBO'd's alley.

·

@CantonDawg It was just a honey garlic store bought sauce that i had left in the fridge. Sorry

·

• Wings look good
    Thanks I've done wings a couple of times and they just keep getting better

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
    ·
  • Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    I've recently started using DP Pineapple Head on my wings; never would have thought of using that on wings, but a demo cook at my local dealer was doing it, so I gave it a spin and it is fantastic.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·