Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Grid size for home made XL raised grid?

So I am going to make my own raised grid for my XL but wanted to know what size grid to get. My options are an 18" or 22". I know the standard grid is 24". I just don't want to do the 22" grid and then think "Hey, I can barely reach anything farther back behind that grid." Thanks.

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 656
    I do not know if this will help but if you order the CI 2 tier from ceramic grill works the top grid is 18".

Texarkana, TX

• lilwootylilwooty Posts: 214
    I made a raised grid for my XL with a 22" grid I bought at a bbq store.  It sits 5 inches above the bottom 24" grid.  I love it and haven't had any problems.

Living Large and XL

• rholtrholt Posts: 375
    Great. Thanks lilwooty.
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    So good luck.