Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Roast How do you cook it on the egg

The roast I made on the egg last week was great but It was still a little tough. How do you cook it?
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320

What kind/cut?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Chuck
    ·

Cuck is pretty tough. You can cook it to 200* low and slow (like a brisket) or braise it. If you want a lower finish temp try a low and slow cook but it isn't going to be very much more tender than what you already had.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I agree with Little Steven, a chuck roast is going to be very tough unless you cook it low and slow. Proper "pulled beef" has been discussed here in the last few weeks, a couple of different methods. I tried one of them by "Hap" which the roast is cooked "low and slow" in a bed of veggies! It is very good and requires a long cook. I cooked mine to an internal of 215 degrees before it pulled nicely!
    ·
    I did mean Chuck BTW :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    research @Griffin..... he had a pb post not toolongago.i don't know why but sometimes my droid refuses to space...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,026
    Recall this one - I used an IPA rather than the Newcastle, it is a little too mild for my taste. 

This one worked very well for me, the one time I've done it. 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,530

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·