Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Many Cunucks Out There ?

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    RPreyra said:
    Greetings from Mississauga Ontario (near Toronto but we are much nicer) We have an old lady as our mayor (she's 300 years old- no really look it up). I got an egg last summer for my birthday and spent the rest of the year building a nest for it.  My friend Dan (also from Mississauga) is an Egg master so I spend my days undercover hoping to learn his secrets. So far I can cook a mean steak and slow cook ribs. Soon Pizza and pulled pork (dare to dream).  here's a picture of me and my egg - yes I know the charcoal grate is off (i'm from Mississauga remember)!
    That nest is incredible!  Have you posted this in the egg table forum?  I would love to hear some more details of the construction.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Mickey said:
    @Skiddymarker. I was a Army Brat as well ( think maybe a different Army).
    @Mickey - You would be right, unless your Dad served in the Royal Canadian Medical Corp. He was attached to a US "rocket crew" before we went to Germany in 1958 . That stint was about 6 months somewhere in Texas an New Mexico. 

Small world. My Dad was always medical (not a doc) and we were in Germany in 1956-1959 (Darmstadt). Also lots in Texas (Fort Hood). I was born in Germany much earlier ( we lived there 3 times).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• I am from Ottawa ... been egging since 2008 and added my second large in 2011.

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited April 2013
    Seems to be a lot of que'ers around our nation's capitol >:D<

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    My folks lived for several years in Palgrave, Ontario, and I visited many times.  But the Stars and Strips were flying out front.

I loved my Canadian visits.
    I am very close to Palgrave. Nice little community

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Oakville near Toronto
  • Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    Rzeancak said:
    Another Kanatan here, the "village" or settlement/people.  Located in the home if the largest Airforce base in Canada.  Trenton Ontario, 100km west of Kingston and 200 East of Toronto off of the highway of heroes.  
    @Rzeancak - are you in the forces? I was an army brat, Dad was a 30 year man, picked him up at CFB Trenton a number of times returning from UN deployments. 
    Yes Sir I am,  10 years (Never Again Volunteer YourSelf) Navy, 5 years (ChairForce) Airforce!  4th GENERATION military.  I all seriousness; I'm very proud to serve and those who have done so.  My wife keeps reminding me although she didn't sign the dotted line it's like she serves also. Because i take it all home with me and all the deployments and the transfers.
    Skiddymarker or anyone else out the may agree.

A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @Rzeancak, Thanks for your service, 4th generation, WOW. Our American cousins say it to their troops all the time and they say it so well, Thanks for all you do. 
    Every time I see an Armed Services guy or gal at the airport, I always ask are you coming or going? If going, wishes of success and safety, if returning, Welcome Home and Thanks!
    A couple of years ago we were visiting the Kingston area when a flight returned with a fallen soldier. Had the opportunity to pay our respects with many others on the Highway of Heros, what an emotional yet humbling event. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    I can't be the only Newfie egghead can I ????
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Little Steven
    Oh there are lots of them. We don't usually let them in.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    My folks lived for several years in Palgrave, Ontario, and I visited many times.  But the Stars and Strips were flying out front.

I loved my Canadian visits.
    I am very close to Palgrave. Nice little community
    And a nice little run into Tottenham once in awhile.  My Dad was the NASA rep to SPAR for the CanadaArm.  They lived on the same road that had a Curling Rink.  I don't remember the address.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Little Steven
    I didsomework for Spar at the time I think (cruise missile guidance?). I'm about the same latitude maybe10 miles west

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• CANMAN1976
    Oh there are lots of them. We don't usually let them in.
    Geez I feel so special!!! lol

• Little Steven
    As well you should my son. How much does an egg cost on the rock anyway?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• CANMAN1976
    As well you should my son. How much does an egg cost on the rock anyway?
    Don't be talkin bye.Try $1200.00 bucks for the egg only.That food better taste damn good...can't wait!

[-O<

• Little Steven
    I imagine fish and brewis would be amazing bye :D

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• CANMAN1976

I imagine fish and brewis would be amazing bye :D
    I'll post picks ...don't worry
    ;)

• Little Steven
    Seriously, I love fish and brewis. Never thought about egging it but you have me thinking now. How bout cod tongues?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• meister5
    meister5 Posts: 20
    Hmmm... Not too many Eggheads in Western Canada? I count one in B.C., one in Alberta and just myself in Saskatchewan. So far no-one from Manitoba? Skiddy you made me sad when you said you had cut your grass 5 times already. In 2011 I planted my potatoes on April 11th. This year I still have two feet of snow on my garden. So much for global warming?
    Meadow Lake Sk. LBGE, Stoker, Adjustable rig.
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    I still have snow. Suppose to snow tonight too. I'm in ottawa
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    @canman1976, how was your recent trip to TO?
    canuckland
  • Skiddymarker
    meister5 said:
    Hmmm... Not too many Eggheads in Western Canada? I count one in B.C., one in Alberta and just myself in Saskatchewan. So far no-one from Manitoba? Skiddy you made me sad when you said you had cut your grass 5 times already. In 2011 I planted my potatoes on April 11th. This year I still have two feet of snow on my garden. So much for global warming?
    I know at least two or three others with BGEs here in BC, but at least five with Primos. BGE uses that Canadians are used to paying more policy, Primo is only a slightly higher price in Canada. I brought mine in from the US. Rain today, damn grass will need cutting again.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • CANMAN1976
    Seriously, I love fish and brewis. Never thought about egging it but you have me thinking now. How bout cod tongues?
    I think fish and brewis would be an interesting dish on the egg,a little smoke would be nice for sure.You could fry up the scrunchons on the cast iron fry pan too.Cod tongues ....hmmm may have to try that too,I love em!!!!
    B-)

• CANMAN1976
    @canman1976, how was your recent trip to TO?
    Thanks for asking the trip was awesome.My wife had a blast as she seen her twin sister who she had not seen in a few years,and she love bon jovi!!

Unfortunatly I never made it anywhere I had wanted to go...to hard without wheels.Wanted to go to Ontario gas and bbq but never could.We did go to barque smokehouse and the smoked turkey meatloaf was great...oddly tho I found the ribs a little dry....all in all pretty tasty though!!
    It was family nite when we went and the menu was fixed.
    We had a great trip though!!!!

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    meister5 said:
    Just saw the post this morning. 15 Minutes north of Winnipeg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gezr
    Gezr Posts: 154
    Not a Canadian myself, but I claim partial credit since I married a Canadian. She grew up in Parry Sound and we kept a cottage there on Georgian Bay for about 10 years. We sold it last summer, the 14 hour drive each way finally wore me down and our visits were becoming fewer and fewer. She is now experiencing seller's remorse and I kinda miss it too.
    Canada is a very civilized society and if you only are there in the summer the weather is great too!
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,358
    I'm from Ontario. About 10 minutes east of Cambrdge, 50 minutes west of Toronto. I have had my large BGE for a couple of years now and use it for everything. The only thing I haven't tried is brisket. I have been intimidated by that one, everything else is fine. My brother lives in Cambridge and has a LBGE as well. He has a vacation home in Naples and both our families were there the last couple of weeks. We were searching Craig's list daily to try and fine an egg for Florida! Anyone know where you can buy dizzy pig in Ontario? Also who sells a good brisket's close by?
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • Little Steven
    Mr. Holloway is from Cambridge and knows where to get stuff locally. You can get some DP rubs in Brampton but there is probably a closer source. I've heard that there is a great butcher in Cambridge but can't recall the name.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    edited April 2013
    GlennM said:  Anyone know where you can buy dizzy pig in Ontario? Also who sells a good brisket's close by?

I don't know if your travels take you to Lake Huron but there is a town called Hensall with a great butcher shop, the owner even shares my first name so he has to be a good guy, anyhow he sells brisket.  I usually call before I go for brisket but as far as I remember they had it each time I wanted it. Their website seems to be down at the moment 

and their phone number is (519) 262-3130.  Their pork products are outstanding and prices aren't way out of whack.

All the owners of BBQ places in Ontario I have talked to seem to get their meats from Norpac and their website lists the retailers they deal with, if there is one near you they should be able to order you a brisket even if they don't normally stock it.

If you ever go in the London area there is a small town south of London that has an Egg dealer and they stock Dizzy Pig products, they display the little bottles but they also sell it in big bulk bags which are much more price effective but you have to know and ask for that size.

While you are in London you really should treat yourself to a meal at this hole in the wall called Smokey Rob n' Sons for great pulled pork and brisket.

Happy cooking

Gerhard

• Skiddymarker
    Gezr said:
    Not a Canadian myself, but I claim partial credit since I married a Canadian. She grew up in Parry Sound and we kept a cottage there on Georgian Bay for about 10 years. We sold it last summer, the 14 hour drive each way finally wore me down and our visits were becoming fewer and fewer. She is now experiencing seller's remorse and I kinda miss it too.
    Canada is a very civilized society and if you only are there in the summer the weather is great too!
    Trouble with summer is that the skids on the snowmobile wear out too fast when you run on the gravel and pavement. 
    summer on the Bay is beautiful. Had family in Collingwood and made many visits.