Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CGS

Hi Everyone, Getting ready to place an order with CGS. What do y'all use the most? Do I need to buy the spider, woo, and adjustable rig? I have a large Egg, with accessories, plate setter, and pizza stone. Best Wishes, Greg

Comments

• call tom, but I don't think you need a woo and a spider. I have the rig oval combo and spider. I use them all the time. They never leave my egg.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    If you already have a plate setter and pizza stone, I would recommend a spider (and wok) and a raised/swing grid (different ways to do this, CGS is good for lots of things.)
  • call tom, but I don't think you need a woo and a spider. I have the rig oval combo and spider. I use them all the time. They never leave my egg.

+1  I have the same set-up.  Call Tom at CGS.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    call tom, but I don't think you need a woo and a spider. I have the rig oval combo and spider. I use them all the time. They never leave my egg.

+ 2 I have the same setup, but I too would recommend calling Tom and talking to him about your order, I probably would have saved 20-30 bucks in shipping alone had I talked to him instead of ordering what I eventually needed for the large in three separate shipments.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited April 2013
    I have both but if I were going for just one I would definitely go with the AR. Get a spider as well

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Newbbqer
    Newbbqer Posts: 78
    The choices are mind boggling! Looking through their website can be a daunting task. The options are endless! For sure getting a wok.
  • Newbbqer
    Thank you for the advice on calling, I was going to order via Internet tonight. But I'll wait until tomorrow to call.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    The site can be intimidating, which I think is why so many of us recommend actually calling Tom and talking to him about what type of cooks you want to do.  He is a good business man and a better human.  He won't oversell you on something if he doesn't think that you are actually going to use it.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Newbbqer said:
    Thank you for the advice on calling, I was going to order via Internet tonight. But I'll wait until tomorrow to call.
    Call him anytime...he won't mind....hehehe

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    The new Woo3 comes with a spider built in and works with the plate setter you already have...and is much less expensive. I am very happy with mine. Take a look at both and see what will work best for you.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Newbbqer
    Anybody have a number for CGS?  I called the number on the website and it puts me to a voicemail for a completely different number.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,958
    edited April 2013
    @tjv?

Phone issues or misdial? You decide

You could also PM him. His handle is tjv. I haven't called him in a while but I got the number off the web when I did and it went right to him.

• Newbbqer
    Not a misdial, tried it four times.  Maybe it is a call forwarding thing.  Ok, thanks for the help Cen-Tex.

• Newbbqer said:
    Not a misdial, tried it four times.  Maybe it is a call forwarding thing.  Ok, thanks for the help Cen-Tex.

I figured as much. I was hoping Tom would chime in and let us know what was up. 

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    I received an email from Tom this morning in response to a question. It mentioned they were moving into a new facility. I'm sure it probably has something to do with that. I also ordered a Woo for my small and got a message shipping may be delayed...same reason.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Newbbqer
    Tom called me back. Super nice and very helpful. Anybody looking for great accessories need to call and talk with him. Very helpful, thank you all for your advice. I'll let you know when my new toys come in!
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Website says they are moving this week maybe its a landline to cell phone forward I would try again on Monday