Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

And the Winners of the first (Maybe Annual) Egghead Weightloss Competition Is.....

Well everyone is a winner because I don't think anyone gained weight, but here are the here are the results.

1. @JayHawkEye
     Start: 213.4 lbs
     Finish: 163.0 lbs
      % Loss = 23.6%
2. @Fishlessman
     Start: 220 lbs
     Finish: 180
     % Loss = 18.18%
3. @Hokie_Smoker
     Start: 282.0
     Finish: 254.6
     % Loss = 9.7%

The prizes were as follows:
ICA Kitche Sous Vide Device
$100 Gift Card to Ceramic Grill Store
Amaz-N-Smoker 5x8 with 2#s of pellets.

JayHawkEye will get to pick his prize first, then Fishlessman, then HokieSmoker.

The balance of the results are as follows in no particular order

1. Fletcherfam
     Start: 208.2
     Final: 208
     % Loss: 0% (At least I didn't gain ;)

2. @Liquidicem:
    Start: 209.4
    Finish: 192.6
    % Loss: 8.02%

3. @Mr.Holloway:
    Start: 211
    Finish: 196
    % Loss: 7.11%

4. @500:
     Start: 219.2
     Finish: 208.6
     % Loss: 4.9%

5. @Cortguitarman:
     Start: 238.6
     Finish: 229.6 (I did not receive a final email from him so this is his last posted weight)
     % Loss: 3.8%

6. @Double:
      Start: 343.6
      Finish: 332
      % Loss: 3.24%

7. @CCpoulin1
      Start: 250.4
      Finish: No idea, no email.
      % Loss: Unkown

Congrats to everyone on loosing weight!!!

We will continue the weekly weigh-ins, I plan to start posting a few more cooks and what not, maybe even a blog on me and my wife's weightloss progress/ideas.

We will also have a 6 month weigh in (if ya'll remember then) where the winner with the most % loss will win an Amaz-N-Smoker 5x8 and 2# of pellets.

@JayHawkEye, please email me which prize you would like.

Again, congratulations everyone!!!!

Should we do this next year/again?

Comments

• Awesome guys! Great work. Do you guys mind posting how you did it? I know fishless went low carb. How about you other guys? Could be a great help to all of us to see how you did it.

^:)^ =D>
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • 213 to 163........unreal
  • Unbelievable results.  I'm impressed.  Great job eveyone.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Pm me with your address if you choose the sous vide.
    Lynnwood WA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Congrats all- nice work.  I honestly think this is the first time I have seen the "Weight Loss Forum" go anywhere ;).  

@Fishlessman - are you gonna have that toast now??

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Kruegs
    Kruegs Posts: 128

Very new here...first post actually, but I'd love to get involved with the weightloss competition in the future!  Current weight is 352# down 8.5 after 1.5 weeks on weight watchers.

Love the forum and can't wait to do some more cooks on my new LBGE!

XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    @Kruegs, If there is enough interest maybe we could do another one?
  • Kruegs
    Kruegs Posts: 128
    @Kruegs, If there is enough interest maybe we could do another one?
    Count me in.
    XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    Congrats all- nice work.  I honestly think this is the first time I have seen the "Weight Loss Forum" go anywhere ;).  

@Fishlessman - are you gonna have that toast now??
    broke down easter sunday, SIL made a bread with kalamata olives in it and served it with a veggie dip. best bread i ever ate
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Pics or it didn't happen. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Awesome guys! Great work. Do you guys mind posting how you did it? I know fishless went low carb. How about you other guys? Could be a great help to all of us to see how you did it.

For me it was really breaking my lunch routine.  I work a great group of people and lunch is a social deal and my lunch choices were horrible.  I started egging 3 or 4 days worth of chicken or lean beef on Sunday, to bring for lunch with usually salad with balsamic dressing.  I was spending probably $60 per week at lunch so besides the weight I've saved some money too.  The dieting carried over and I've been hitting the gym and meeting with our workplace nutritionist.  I still need to drop about 50 pounds to meet the height/weight standards but I'm focusing more on my behavior and the weight should take care of itself.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• fishlessman

Awesome guys! Great work. Do you guys mind posting how you did it? I know fishless went low carb. How about you other guys? Could be a great help to all of us to see how you did it.

For me it was really breaking my lunch routine.  I work a great group of people and lunch is a social deal and my lunch choices were horrible.  I started egging 3 or 4 days worth of chicken or lean beef on Sunday, to bring for lunch with usually salad with balsamic dressing.  I was spending probably $60 per week at lunch so besides the weight I've saved some money too.  The dieting carried over and I've been hitting the gym and meeting with our workplace nutritionist.  I still need to drop about 50 pounds to meet the height/weight standards but I'm focusing more on my behavior and the weight should take care of itself.

similar with the lunches here as well, stopped eating out and started going home for lunch
    fukahwee maine

• fletcherfam
    @HI54Putty, if you really want pictures contact each individual who was in the contest to get their OK. Then forward me their release and I can send you each individuals before and after pictures. That was the rules of the contest that I received these.

Please let me know when you have received the ok and I will get you those pictures.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    @HI54Putty, if you really want pictures contact each individual who was in the contest to get their OK. Then forward me their release and I can send you each individuals before and after pictures. That was the rules of the contest that I received these.

Please let me know when you have received the ok and I will get you those pictures.
    That was a joke. Congrats to everyone. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • fletcherfam
    @Hi54Putty, :). Couldn't tell if it was one or not.
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Wow. Just awesome guys
    Boom
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    I started running and training for a 10k. I could have lost more but I didn't watch my eating very well as I started running more. Congrats on a job well done to the winners.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    fletcherfam, I give you permission to to release everyone's before and after pics...
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Way to go folks! Your bodies, organs, family and loved ones will thank you for trying to make a difference in your health. Congrats!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Awesome guys! Great work. Do you guys mind posting how you did it? I know fishless went low carb. How about you other guys? Could be a great help to all of us to see how you did it.

I became diabetic. I don't recommend that approach. Congrats to all that participated and lost weight and achieved their goals.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    edited April 2013
    Griffin said:

I became diabetic. I don't recommend that approach. Congrats to all that participated and lost weight and achieved their goals.

I hope you were trying to be humorous because they made me laugh. At Christmas time when all the sweets come out I always would respond to the what did you get for Christmas question with the answer diabetes.

Sorry grif if I did offend.

also great job to all the people who were offended

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    I am in next round.
  • Way to go, guys!  =D>
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Just trying to make light of a serious issue. Was just diagnosed, but I can laugh about it. Life's too short not to have a good sense of humor.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessman
    Griffin said:
    Just trying to make light of a serious issue. Was just diagnosed, but I can laugh about it. Life's too short not to have a good sense of humor.
    did they sit you down with a diet plan yet, its probably going to be a lower carb type diet
    fukahwee maine

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Congrats to the winners,

fletcherfam  send me an email on who gets the CGS gift certificate.  

tom
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    tjv said:
    Congrats to the winners,

fletcherfam  send me an email on who gets the CGS gift certificate.  

tom
    Tom,
    Fletcherfam is out of town.  It's me who gets the certificate.  You should have my address on file.

I'll wait by the mailbox.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Hey Village Idiot,  when I posted this my first thought was......the weight loss competition results  and likewise the responses are like grade school sports.......everyone is a winner and gets a trophy..........lol

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • tjv said:
    Hey Village Idiot,  when I posted this my first thought was......the weight loss competition results  and likewise the responses are like grade school sports.......everyone is a winner and gets a trophy..........lol

t
    but some trophies are better than others.................