Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Attempt at Low and Slow Butt Results

Options
Chicago Wine Geek
Chicago Wine Geek Posts: 150
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
(Hope someone sees this at biggreenegg.com, I can't figure out how to post pictures there...)

Despite my fire going out at 15 hours (not using Cowboy lump again) and despite the fact that I couldn't get past 195 internal, the BBQ Guru worked like a champ and dinner was excellent. Hope you enjoy the pic's. BTW, what's the best way to warm up leftovers?

Butt after 21 hours at 225:
Fdaypics2018.jpg

Butt Pulled:
Fdaypics2019.jpg

Dinner! Cheap hamburger buns, homemade coleslaw on the bottom.
Fdaypics2022.jpg

Comments

• TheHulk
    TheHulk Posts: 157
    Options
    Good first run on the PP. I usually put foil what I am trying to re-heat and put in the oven. If the egg is hot, I stick it in there.

I have had problems with certain brands of lump in those long cooks but don't think I will do another marathon cook without Wicked Good after using it this weekend. That stuff is awesome.

Ditto the props for the Guru.
  • jomama egg head
    Options
    You are so right on! We need more eggheads in our shell like you.
    You sound like a guy that knows his egg. We need to talk egg sometime. There are not enough of us that are dedicated to our butts. Checked your pics of your butt, that is one nice piece of ass!! Oh by the way, egg to egg, do you just stick your butt on and cook the **** out of it.

jomama egg head