Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New names for different cuts of beef and pork

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
Get ready to be confused at the meat counter. http://usat.ly/17diMHN

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Oh, good, now as long as I'm familiar w. cuts of beef whose names have nothing to do w. what part of the animal is being used, I can apply that to pork. And then, I can apply the pork name to a piece of chicken. "I've got an old recipe here that calls for chicken legs. All I have in the fridge are flat irons. Will those work?"

Oh well, I'm sure there will be an app that can sort it out.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Interesting. Canadian stores use different terms for some cuts than American stores so I've always had to really look at the piece I'm thinking of buying as I buy in both countries. 
    The "new" pork T-Bone chop is often called a double loin chop (loin and tenderloin) or bone in chop by my local butcher. When I ask him for it, I have always asked for a pork "T-Bone", so maybe I like this..... 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    apparently we're too stupid to decipher names... why not just label it beef and pork
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN