Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Craigslist ad with crazy picture....

I was doing my daily morning check for a small when I came across this gem... take a look at picture #4

·

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    It looks like their food is on fire.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,892
    What is even crazier is the price he is asking!! $900 for a used large with nest and plate setter.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    edited April 2013
    Looks like he used it for having camp fires in
    ·
  • SmolderSmolder Posts: 17
    Obviously couldn't handle the learning curve on how to use it. Explains why he is selling it.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,472
    Would pay more w/o the hard bound book
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    The guy probably used lighter fluid to get all that flame in pic #4.
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 616
    What is even crazier is the price he is asking!! $900 for a used large with nest and plate setter.

I agree I got an XL demo cheaper.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,462
    I saw that as well. I offered him $400.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,133
    He's only appealing to our inner pyromaniac!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,417
    huevos en fuegos
    ·
  • _________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,595
    I'd jump all over that... great project
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • nashbamanashbama Posts: 102
    The inside of the dome looks pretty new. Just a theory, but I wonder if he bought one new at a good price and is just trying to flip it. I'm not going to make accusations, but there is also the possibility that it wasn't purchased at all. Just something I always take into consideration when I buy from Craigslist.

I agree with the lighter fluid theory, flames look like they are coming off the grill and not from inside. Plus, one of the other pics has a ton of smoke coming out of it. There is no telling what he put in it.

I wouldn't touch this one, just my opinion.
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,309
    henapple said:

I'd jump all over that... great project

Yup me too

XLBGE 
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 259
    Deleted 12 hours later........
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·