Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

A new home for my Eggs

We're building a patio at our new home and they just finished the outdoor kitchen today. I can finally cook without fear of burning the house down! My Eggs are finally home. ;)

photo-7.JPG 110.1K
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Is that your storage silver deal to the left. Very nice setup indeed. Mini is toooo cute.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • EggucatorEggucator Posts: 184
    I think your patio cost more than my house  :)  Looks great.  Pavers look great.  
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    ·
  • uhm, WOW, (maybe one day.....) Looks great!
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,450
    Man I am poor
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • SPRIGSSPRIGS Posts: 223
    Incredible set up for sure!!! Very jealous, would love to have that!! Great job!
    ·
  • GrillerGriller Posts: 1
    Thanks all, I can't wait to get cooking! @Mickey, I see in your .sig that you have a very well used Mini. Mind sharing your favorite appetizer you cook on it? 
    ·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    Looks amazing. Well done.
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,776
    Awesome set up you got there. Post some pics the the set up in action. Looks like you could feed an army there.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    If I had your setup, I would only go inside the house to shower and shave!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,882
    edited April 2013
    Big green envy.  Extremely nice set up.  Like Mickey said- I think the stainless steel plate setter storage unit adds a nice touch ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,450
    Griller said:

Thanks all, I can't wait to get cooking! @Mickey, I see in your .sig that you have a very well used Mini. Mind sharing your favorite appetizer you cook on it? 

@Mickey doesn't cook on his. He poaches pics off the Internet and posts them and pretends they are his cooks. Then he says he cooked them raised direct....
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Nice, really like the setup
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,495

WOW! Very nice. What part of Texas?

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292

Your outdoor kitchen is big than my condo, not just the kitchen, the whole condo. 

·
  • I do be-leave I would set my bed up in that area with that big silver thing as my head board, That whole area is too fine to leave outside .

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
    ·
  • MattyMcMattyMc Posts: 65
    Looks awesome, congrats!
    Chester County, PA
    ·
  • Nice! How do you feel about the quality of the built-in stainless doors and shelves?

I've been eyeing some on ebay that look just like those.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/usabbqwholesale/m.html?item=170947767923&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,408
    caliking said:
    Screw shaving; you have a pool.

Outdoors forever!

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,408
    Mickey said:
    Is that your storage silver deal to the left. Very nice setup indeed. Mini is toooo cute.
    It looks like a little throne. Must be the Mini's Napoleon complex.
    ·
  • No, on closer inspection yours are slightly different.

·
  • Nice setup!  What's up with the gasser?
    ·
  • GrillerGriller Posts: 88
    I've been dreaming of doing something like this for many years and things lined up in such a way that "some day" became yesterday when the grill was finally installed and the Eggs were placed in the Napoleonic perches. :))

@Fearless - the door quality seems fine. I bought mine from BBQ Outfitters in Southlake, TX. I couldn't/wouldn't afford the DCS or Viking brand when the ones similar to what you linked would do the job. I also know BBQ Outfitters will take good care of me if there are any problems (as they have in the past). 

@yellowdog - "What's up with the gasser". Officially speaking, unless I'm doing a pork butt, brisket, or whole chicken, my DW prefers the gas grill. I prefer the Egg unless I'm in a hurry. This way I have the option to do both :) Unofficially for all intents and purposes on the BGE forum, the steel drum looking thingy is my outdoor heater. ;) Overall I like the versatility of both gas and Egg and (like the Egg), wanted to get something that would last me for 15 years. Hopefully I get that kind of life out of it.

I'm like a kid in the candy store and don't know what to cook first. This weekend looks to be sunny and 75F so I can't wait to get at it!
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,607
    Sweet
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063

caliking said:

Screw shaving; you have a pool.

Outdoors forever!

Good point. Technically, I could bathe in the pool.

I still want to hang out at Griller's place, though.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,981
    Chubbs said:
    @Mickey doesn't cook on his. He poaches pics off the Internet and posts them and pretends they are his cooks. Then he says he cooked them raised direct....

@Chubbs get it straight. That's me that does that. :))

That is one kickin' kitchen. You must be proud.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • bccomstockbccomstock Posts: 336
    edited April 2013
    Awesome set up.. I saved this pic for inspiration when I finally get around to having an outdoor kitchen.  

^:)^
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
    ·
  • bccomstockbccomstock Posts: 336
    Are those concrete counter tops?
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
    ·
  • pasoeggpasoegg Posts: 259
    do you offer any vacation packages??  i will take care of my meals!!! will bring my own hammock.....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

·
  • GrillerGriller Posts: 88
    Thanks for all of the kind words. I'm still in shock that a). the project cleared the finance department (wife) and b). that it is sitting in my backyard. I cooked all three meals on it today and am gearing up for tomorrow. :D

The contractor called the concrete counter tops a leuders stone. I had never seen it before meeting him or if I did, I didn't really take notice. So far, really happy with it. 
    ·
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174
    Maybe when I grow up I can be 'you'! 
    REALLY nice set up!
    ·