Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: Cupcake Lasagna

I labeled this OT because I did it in the oven.  However, it would work well in the Egg.

I have a rule to only post a recipe once, but I can't remember if I've done this here, so I am posting it (again, maybe).
They are really easy and quick to make, and use wonton wrappers for the pasta, which makes it more healthy.

I have changed my ways recently.  I no longer waste time on plating, I drink store bought wine, feed it to my average wife, and take pictures with my iPhone, after I've driven to the grocery store in my Nissan.

Lasagna Cupcakes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:

1/3 pound Ground beef

Salt & Pepper

24 Wonton skins

1 3/4 cups Parmesan cheese

1 3/4 cups Mozzarella, shredded

3/4 cup Ricotta Cheese

1 cup Pasta Sauce

Basil, for garnish (optional)

Directions:

1. 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.

2. Brown beef, and season with salt and pepper. Drain.

3. 3Cut wonton wrappers into circle shapes (about 2 1/4- inches) using a biscuit cutter or using the top of a drinking glass. You can cut several at a time. Note: For a more rustic look, no cutting necessary!

4. Reserve 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese for the top of your cupcakes. Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin tin. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese in each. Top with a little meat and pasta sauce

5. 5Repeat layers again (i.e. wonton, Parmesan, ricotta, mozzarella, and pasta sauce). Top with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.

6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove, use a knife to loosen the edges then pop each lasagna out.

7. 7Garnish with basil and serve.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,472
    Whoever the hell you are, we want VI back and we want him back like he was. Old, wiseass, in his Vespa t-shirt. Not this born again milk toast double dude. We are on to you and Nola's wife has connections on Bourbon St at a voodo shop. It will not be nice....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,064
    Looks tasty... and healthy. Will give this a try for sure. Wives are by no means average (in case mine sees this :) )

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • FlyingTivoFlyingTivo Posts: 341
    Going into my collection, thanks for sharing.

Felipe
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    I'll take two please.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,462
    Man that looks so good. I like the wonton wrapper idea Gary! Nicely done. Sometimes the over is just a little easier...
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

Nicely Played, I was just talking about doing something along this route except trying something along the taco route.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Those look great, and a great way to portion control, although I'd probably eat 5 or 6
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,676
    Those look great, and a great way to portion control, although I'd probably eat 5 or 6

I was thinking of placing an order and having him deliver me (just me) a dozen on his Vespa.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Foghorn said:

I was thinking of placing an order and having him deliver me (just me) a dozen on his Vespa.
    Do you tip the driver?  I only accept Pineapple Bacon Shrimp with Raspberry Chipolte BBQ Sauce for tips.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 616
    Foghorn said:

Do you tip the driver?  I only accept Pineapple Bacon Shrimp with Raspberry Chipolte BBQ Sauce for tips.

@ VI  A man who really works and gets paid in high quality food.  Awesome  ^:)^

Living the dream  :))

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,308
    those look good... almost like a mini deep dish pizza, lots of possibilities
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,417
    Those look just like an Italian place's lasagna (they do it in taller creme brulee ramekins) that my wife loves. You just saved me 13 bucks!

Nice work!
    ·
  • Great idea!  Thank you!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • Love lasagna and always looking for healthier ways to make it.  thanks for sharing.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,309
    trying this one tonight boss

XLBGE 
    ·
    @Village Idiot , how many different tables do you guys dine on in your house? I can think of 3 or 4 I have seen. I like your style,....
    ·
  • Chubbs said:
    @Village Idiot , how many different tables do you guys dine on in your house? I can think of 3 or 4 I have seen. I like your style,....

That's the neighbors house he stumbles in after drinking the store bought wine (wild Irish Rose)..thanks for the recipe I'll have to show my below average wife (in looks) above avg. in weight.
    ·
    edited April 2013
    Chubbs said:
    Hahaha.  I didn't know.  I went out and counted 7 and took pictures.

This is the atrium.  Front entrance to the house.

Dining Room

Back patio

Under the back porch

Another under the porch.  We like to eat hor d'oeveres and drink wine while looking at the garden.

Garden

Another table in back.  Only use that when the wind and rain is coming from the south.

Front patio (Mini Egg covered in the background)

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • Nice setup VI
    ·
  • VI, Your place looks killer for a party!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    About to go on the egg. Was gonna do oven but wife wanted the egg taste :) looks like I've got a keeper.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 
    ·
    @fred19flintstone Come on down, Bro !  We'll pull a party !!!!

@MrCookingNurse  Looking good!  Hope you all like it.  Pictures please !

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
    Love the house VI. My plan was to make these cupcake lasagna tonight too but I wound up at a bar after work
    ·
    I'll make a post. I'm sure they'll be good. We were only able to do 3-4 layers. We shall see! They are on right now.

XLBGE 
    ·
    I'll make a post. I'm sure they'll be good. We were only able to do 3-4 layers. We shall see! They are on right now.
    Wow.  I only got two layers of wontons.  I used a muffin pan, which may be shallower than yours.  I'll be really anxious to see yours.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
    Chubbs said:
    Love the house VI. My plan was to make these cupcake lasagna tonight too but I wound up at a bar after work
    My kind of guy.   >:)

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·

Wow.  I only got two layers of wontons.  I used a muffin pan, which may be shallower than yours.  I'll be really anxious to see yours.

Hahahaha!!! Number 5 is instruction 5, I thought it ment repeat 5 times so I tried all I could!!

XLBGE 
    ·
    Hahahaha!!! Number 5 is instruction 5, I thought it ment repeat 5 times so I tried all I could!!
    LOL.  Typos can be good, or bad.  You might be on to something here.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
    Teaser

XLBGE 
    ·
    These are amazing!!! Saving this one

XLBGE