Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Thermapen question

I understand there was an open box/sale on the thermapen a few months back that I missed :( anyone have any idea when they might be having another?
Is the savings worth the wait, its killing me to spend full price.

Cary NC

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,939
    I went 5 years with 2 eggs without one.  Now I have 4 eggs and wish I had a second.  Have had the first for 4 years and best money I spent.  I would wait for a sale unless $$$ is not an issue.
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 3,190
    I would say the savings would not outweigh the savings in not ruining cooks by using a inaccurate thermometer. I think they have those sales 2 maybe 3 times per year.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,215
    The open box sale is a good deal, but when it comes right down to it, it is only $20 saved on a $90 item - you have to ask, why not just buy one at full price? You will have it for years, and when you consider many of us have had one for 4 or 5 years, $20 is only about a penny a day, why be without one?  
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 4,007
    I told bridezilla to get one for my birthday later this month. The price be damned I want one now!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • okienineokienine Posts: 43
    I broke down and ordered one yesterday, it is now on it's way, should be here for the weekend cook! Next on the list is a Maverick 732... it never ends.
    McAlester, Ok. Large and Mini Egg