Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thermapen question

I understand there was an open box/sale on the thermapen a few months back that I missed :( anyone have any idea when they might be having another?
Is the savings worth the wait, its killing me to spend full price.

thanks

·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,779
    I went 5 years with 2 eggs without one.  Now I have 4 eggs and wish I had a second.  Have had the first for 4 years and best money I spent.  I would wait for a sale unless $$$ is not an issue.
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,417
    I would say the savings would not outweigh the savings in not ruining cooks by using a inaccurate thermometer. I think they have those sales 2 maybe 3 times per year.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,464
    The open box sale is a good deal, but when it comes right down to it, it is only $20 saved on a $90 item - you have to ask, why not just buy one at full price? You will have it for years, and when you consider many of us have had one for 4 or 5 years, $20 is only about a penny a day, why be without one?  
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 2,789
    I told bridezilla to get one for my birthday later this month. The price be damned I want one now!
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • okienineokienine Posts: 43
    I broke down and ordered one yesterday, it is now on it's way, should be here for the weekend cook! Next on the list is a Maverick 732... it never ends.
    McAlester, Ok. Large and Mini Egg
    ·