Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

bone sauce

henapplehenapple Posts: 14,564
picked up my first jar of bone sucking sauce... at Lowe's of all places. Anyone cut it...? I usually cut Stubbs with 50 percent honey.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• henapple said:
    picked up my first jar of bone sucking sauce... at Lowe's of all places. Anyone cut it...? I usually cut Stubbs with 50 percent honey.
    this is way sweeter than stubbs so you may not need to cut.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,399
    I have it and used it on wings with Pigwing rub. No need to cut it ; awesome flavor.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,466
    I just drink it as is.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,635
    Like @Mickey says-"straight up" works for me.  I tried to reverse engineer BSS but have given up.  Just throw the $$ at it and enjoy.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,845
    Straight up works for me as well.  This sauce has a pretty unique flavor.  I believe it already has honey in it.  

Just my $.02, but I would try it straight up at least once and then see if you want to add anything to it. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,442
    Great sauce and gluten free if that appeals to you. Doesn't matter toe either way but my sister in law can eat it which is a plus on family cooks. Great sauce and my go to for ribs.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    No need to cut it. It's great just the way it is.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,564
    Chubbs said:

Great sauce and gluten free if that appeals to you. Doesn't matter toe either way but my sister in law can eat it which is a plus on family cooks. Great sauce and my go to for ribs.

is it glutton free?
    ·
    Yep. Look on the side of the jar.
    ·
    not gluten... glutton! X_X
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,845
    It's hard to make ribs that are glutton free!  I turn into fat b@stard when there are ribs involved.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I bought some at Lowes the other day too. Got their last jar. The girl working there said they can't keep it in stock. I haven't tried it yet either.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
    i like both the original and the hot. Like Mickey says...just drink it.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·

i like both the original and the hot. Like Mickey says...just drink it.

just wanted to say it as great to meet you at salado. hope I don't ever offend you with my post. I forget there are young ladies on here.
    ·
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 821
    I like it straight up as well, I like the fact that it is not as sweet as most BBQ sauces and doesn't burn so you sauce chicken legs a little earlier.

Gerhard
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,300
    What part of lowes? I've never seen that kinda stuff there

XLBGE 
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
    edited April 2013
    @henapple It was great meeting you and hope there will be more Salados in your future. Offense , offense never...I am one of five women among 155 field service engineers .. enough said....Thanks you for "young lady"
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
    cooking nurse... they had a display up with Stubbs and other stuff. I walked out with $450 worth of cedar lumber and bone sauce.. lol

Austin... unless I'm dead I won't miss another.Unbelievable.
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    You all sound like drug dealers.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,466
    Irish, BSS is a drug of choice. Not kidding on the drinking part, nor are the others.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    I like my drug/sauce pure and never cut it with anything. BSS is fantastic
    ·
  • henapple said:
    this is way sweeter than stubbs so you may not need to cut.

·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    It is all I use and their website has some great recipes.
    ·
  • I think you should try Mike Elliott's BBQ & Grilling Sauce. I venture to say that "Bones" will no longer be the "only sauce you use". Thanks
    ·
    send me a bottle and I'll do a review video..
    ·
  • Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    Mike Elliott's BBQ & Grilling Sauce = the next Mangrates??
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,399
    Crispix49 said:
    Mike Elliott's BBQ & Grilling Sauce = the next Mangrates??
    It'll put hair on your chest and make you dance like a crazy person!  ;)
    ·
  • scooter759scooter759 Posts: 248
    Thanks for the heads up on Lowes, the Mankato MN store has the BSS. Saves me a trip to the cities.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
    ·
    I mix Vodka and Bone Sucking Sauce when I am hungover... Couple of shots of that and yoiu are ready to go...
    ·