Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Vacation Home with BGE

Has anyone ever rented a vacation house that had a BGE?
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,421

No..... have taken mine with me.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,582
    Someone mentioned this one the other day:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    I wish, but I bought a small egg so I can take it with me on most trips. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,572
    I usually travel with my small. I am renting a beach house this summer that claims to have a large Primo. Interested to see how that performs.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,128
    i rented my grandmothers beach house out to an egger a few years back, put my old rickety beater egg out there, end of the week it was all cleaned up
      :)
    ·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    would trust a renter with my egg.  They might do something stupid like put light fluid in it.
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,861

When we have the Florida mini fest in the fall, the hotel has an extra large for thre guests to use.

Right on the ocean.

http://www.tuckawayshores.com/

·
    MikeP624 said:
    would trust a renter with my egg.  They might do something stupid like put light fluid in it.

What would be wrong with lighter fluid in it?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    edited April 2013
    I thought the mothership highly recommends not using lighter fluid.  I thought the reason was that the ceramic could absorb it and then you could get that chemical flavor on your food.
    ·

@MikeP624   I am sorry, not nice on my part. Just missing Stike a little.Should not do that, will not do that again except to VI, CenTex, Nola, Travis, Steven, mostly to Chubbs.

Mike no harm please.

·
    ps: @MikeP624 you are 100% correct.

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,270
    edited April 2013
    @MikeP624 , dont mind @Mickey this time of day. The 2-3pm hour is when he is most flirtacious....
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    Next up:  Mickey's Spatchcock Matchlight Turkey with Kingsford Lighter Fluid Orange and Rhubarb Glace 
    :ar! =))

·