Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Vacation Home with BGE

Has anyone ever rented a vacation house that had a BGE?
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 15,834

No..... have taken mine with me.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,616
    Someone mentioned this one the other day:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,905
    I wish, but I bought a small egg so I can take it with me on most trips. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,502
    I usually travel with my small. I am renting a beach house this summer that claims to have a large Primo. Interested to see how that performs.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,542
    i rented my grandmothers beach house out to an egger a few years back, put my old rickety beater egg out there, end of the week it was all cleaned up
      :)
    ·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    would trust a renter with my egg.  They might do something stupid like put light fluid in it.
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,760

When we have the Florida mini fest in the fall, the hotel has an extra large for thre guests to use.

Right on the ocean.

http://www.tuckawayshores.com/

·
    MikeP624 said:
    would trust a renter with my egg.  They might do something stupid like put light fluid in it.

What would be wrong with lighter fluid in it?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    edited April 2013
    I thought the mothership highly recommends not using lighter fluid.  I thought the reason was that the ceramic could absorb it and then you could get that chemical flavor on your food.
    ·

@MikeP624   I am sorry, not nice on my part. Just missing Stike a little.Should not do that, will not do that again except to VI, CenTex, Nola, Travis, Steven, mostly to Chubbs.

Mike no harm please.

·
    ps: @MikeP624 you are 100% correct.

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,444
    edited April 2013
    @MikeP624 , dont mind @Mickey this time of day. The 2-3pm hour is when he is most flirtacious....
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,512
    Next up:  Mickey's Spatchcock Matchlight Turkey with Kingsford Lighter Fluid Orange and Rhubarb Glace 
    :ar! =))

·