Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Jerk chicken

Anyone have a good jerk spatchcock chicken recipe?

Comments

• JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    I've never done a whole bird before. I use pieces, and slashing them is an important part of marinating them. I prefer wings and drums. Spatchcock will probably work fine as long as you allow the marinade paste to penetrate the skin. I used to make my own marinade but I've found the jars of pre-made store bought to be pretty good so out if convenience I use them. Marinade for 24 hrs for best result. I go indirect ~350 apple chunks for smoke btw. If you want to make your marinade from scratch, here is a recipe that I loosely follow: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2011/07/jerk-marinade Just cook the Spatchcock like you normally would but be careful because the marinade has a bit of sugar in it. That will burn easily if it gets to hot. Let us know how it turns out!
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    edited April 2013
    After 1.5 to 2 hrs....
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    Oops... Here's the pic
    image.jpg 1.3M