Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chips on the bottom of my medium BGE

After 20 years, I replaced by medium BGE's nest. The old one was rusting at the joints and the wheels were frozen in place, so it was definitely time. After we did it, I noticed that there were a few chips on the area below vent door that were chipped, one of them about an 1/8th of an inch. I've attached a photo of the chips.

Should I leave them alone? Should I try and repair them, and if so, with what?

Many thanks for any feedback!

Comments

• MattyMcMattyMc Posts: 65
    You can use Hunter Green paint from Home Depot. Just get the sample size for like $2.
    Chester County, PA
  • Thanks for the feedback. You don't think the chip itself has to be repaired? In other words, it's just cosmetic?

BTW, I checked inside the BGE and there is no damage at the areas that are chipped on the outside.
  • MattyMcMattyMc Posts: 65
    It should be just cosmetic. I had a couple chips in the same spot and touched it up as many on this board have done and haven't had any problems.
    Chester County, PA
  • Thanks, Matty. As you suggest, I'll get some paint the next time I do a Home Depot run.
  • bocaboy2591bocaboy2591 Posts: 26
    It took me awhile, but I wanted to report back that I bought a spray can of Rustoleum Hunter Green paint. I couldn't find a sample size, but a full can was only $3.98. The color is perfect and it solved the problem.

Thanks, MattyMc!
  • rholtrholt Posts: 375

It took me awhile, but I wanted to report back that I bought a spray can of Rustoleum Hunter Green paint. I couldn't find a sample size, but a full can was only $3.98. The color is perfect and it solved the problem.

Thanks, MattyMc!
    Good job. Glad to know it was such a simple fix.